Wiki Posts
Search

XP Rollovers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by atflyer
But that is clearly a blunder of FB. If your Saudia was an award ticket, you should not get miles. You may want to inform FB and give them back.
I know what you mean somehow, the thought did cross my mind. But I think they would half laugh at the proposition and not bother, just saying keep it and be happy. I think in most cases like this, you should just accept it as a gift from the universe. And there’s no point being too righteous about the world of business loyalty. Anyway, Flying Blue have quite shafted us with their endless devaluations that even an accidental gift of 10,000 miles has little impact on our accounts.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I had originally carefully planned being 8XP short of platinum at the end of the year, so I would either make a short hop to get platinum or have very little to do to retain gold the year after next.
The easiest way to retain gold next year is to qualify for platinum, thanks to the soft landing scheme where you only drop one level if you don't re-qualify for whatever level you were.
canadavid likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well indeed, but I really wanted my qualifications year to begin on 1st January. I find it so much easier to handle it that way. My BA qualification ends on 8th October each year and I’ve never really been able to manage that FFP in the same way I’ve managed the others. But I don’t particularly intend to do much with BA any more going forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.