Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest single sector bookable on airfrance.us?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Cheapest single sector bookable on airfrance.us?

I have the targeted AMEX offer which is to get 20k points for $1000 spend on airfrance.us (in one or multiple transactions)

I have booked a ticket I intend to travel, but the all in fare was $994.... So I am 6 dollars short to get the bonus. I have no other travel needs so this will be a throwaway ticket just to get the points.

So far I have been able to locate FLR-CDG for US$53, which seems to be the lowest fare I can find. I checked all of the french domestic routes but nothing cheaper than this (they all seem to be 50 Euros).

Also checked KLM and the favorite DPS-SIN, and the AF short hauls in the west indies (PTP, FTF, PAP, etc), but didn't find anything. Wonder if anyone knows any cheaper routes on the AF network?

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
I have the targeted AMEX offer which is to get 20k points for $1000 spend on airfrance.us (in one or multiple transactions)
Why does everyone who takes up this offer feel the need to open a brand new thread???

Wonder if anyone knows any cheaper routes on the AF network?
Only flights that originate in the US will be sold by aifrance.us. Flights from other countries will force you to book on the relevant country version.

Have you looked at Air France's regional network from ATL?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Some...
Why don't you try to buy an exit row seat for your flight? or simply buy another luggage...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why does everyone who takes up this offer feel the need to open a brand new thread???

Only flights that originate in the US will be sold by aifrance.us. Flights from other countries will force you to book on the relevant country version.

Have you looked at Air France's regional network from ATL?
The latter is not true, you can book CDG-GVA for example on airfrance.us

My $994 ticket is ex-DEL. There are certain countries that are POS restricted, for example I can't book the KLM KUL-CGK flight which is U$39 because airfrance.us does not take bookings ex-KUL
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thibderoc
Why don't you try to buy an exit row seat for your flight? or simply buy another luggage...
The ticket is in J so seat selection is free. Also includes 2 bags. Third bag would cost $150 USD.....
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:14 am

The ticket is in J so seat selection is free. Also includes 2 bags. Third bag would cost $150 USD.....
Buy CO2 offsets?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:29 am

Use the "Time to think option" for any booking (and simply don't confirm). You'll be charged $20...
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Use the "Time to think option" for any booking (and simply don't confirm). You'll be charged $20...
this is charged separately, so that’s not an option here.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

this is charged separately, so that’s not an option here.
May I ask why ?
According to OP "in one or multiple transactions"
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
May I ask why ?
According to OP "in one or multiple transactions"
sorry, I missed that, so OK.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
So the AF or KL ticket bought on airfrance.us is ex-DEL and in J for only 994 USD all in? I am interested in learning more about such ticket
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ranskis
So the AF or KL ticket bought on airfrance.us is ex-DEL and in J for only 994 USD all in? I am interested in learning more about such ticket
There are a number of solid ex-India fares to Europe (one way) -- eg I bought a $945 BLR-CDG-LHR recently. Similar prices from MAA, BOM, DEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.