Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Platinum experience on VN domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
FB Platinum experience on VN domestic

Hi everyone,

Has anyone flown DAD/SGN (or any domestic actually)?

We were considering flying C. The price differences with Y makes me weigh both options once more.

What can I expect as FB PLat in Y compared to C?

This is such a short flight, that the on board experience would not matter much, or?

What about at the airport? Check in at biz counter obviously. Seat selection? Lounge access (some airlines allow lounge access even for domestic flights; I dont remember what was said about VN here).

Thank you.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I flew SIN-SGN in C last year and I regretted paying for it. Seating was only ok (think Delta US domestic F). The meal was disappointing. Service was extremely mediocre. I saw the Y passengers just behind me getting served hot meals, so I figured if I flew that route again I would do it in Y.
VN will give you the first row of Y as FB Plat, you will probably be served a meal or snack, so for a short domestic route I would not cough up for C unless the price difference was marginal.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:09 am

No lounge access with VN for domestic only segment, you will be able to use priority lanes where they exist, other than that nothing much to expect.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Ditto
No lounge access with VN for domestic only segment, you will be able to use priority lanes where they exist, other than that nothing much to expect.
Thank you to Halcon and you. Looks like I will go for Y.

I guess I will have extra luggage allowance, right?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I guess I will have extra luggage allowance, right?
Not sure about that as I didn't need it when travelling with them, you would get whatever they give STE+
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: FB Silver, Accor Silver
I'd like to add that regardless of the travel class, your Plat status will help you avoid very long waiting queues at security checks (e.g. PQC & SGN) which is really helpful.
Like @Ditto mentioned, indeed they don't provide lounge access.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cleveland88
I'd like to add that regardless of the travel class, your Plat status will help you avoid very long waiting queues at security checks (e.g. PQC & SGN) which is really helpful.
Like @Ditto mentioned, indeed they don't provide lounge access.
^
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I got free Premium Economy on HAN-SGN on a 787
I always get free bulkhead or emergency exit rows and they are willing to block a seat next to you if the flight is not full.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
I flew J domestically with VN. I did SGN-DAD and DAD-HAN. I thought it was great value for money on both flights. Especially compared to standards and prices for J flights of similar length in Europe you could call it a bargain. Comfy seats in 2-2 setup. Nice food. Excellent service. The lounges aren't special, but pleasant enough. I didn't experience any noticeable FB Platinum recognition though.

Last edited by Zembla; Jul 6, 2018 at 3:58 am
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Zembla
I flew J domestically with VN. I did SGN-DAD and DAD-HAN. I thought it was great value for money on both flights. Especially compared to standards and prices for J flights of similar length in Europe you could call it a bargain. Comfy seats in 2-2 setup. Nice food. Excellent service. The lounges aren't special, but pleasant enough. I didn't experience any noticeable FB Platinum recognition though.
My experience exactly. Price was very acceptable for this product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.