FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Lounge at BOG - from excellent to awful (as of 01/JUL/2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1917471-lounge-bog-excellent-awful-01-jul-2018-a.html)

swiss_global Jul 1, 2018 1:24 pm

Lounge at BOG - from excellent to awful (as of 01/JUL/2018)

Both AF and KL have used the Latam lounge since they started operationg to BOG. The Latam lounge is very nice, centrally located with a nice view over the apron. It offers premium wines from Latin America, fruits, nice and healthy snacks and, of course, also water (more on that below).

But that's history now, as from today they are using a MasterCard lounge called "El Dorado Lounge" located underneath Gate 47. Unfortunately, there's nothing positive to be said about this lounge:

- The worst: NO WATER available. No, not open, not botteled, nothing. It must be the only lounge globally not offering water to their guests. That's why I used the very strong word "awful" in the title.
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to two per person. At least the wine is of very poor quality, the cheapest of the cheap ...
- Non-alcoholic beverages are free, however selection is limited to regular Coke, Fanta and Sprite. No diet beverages or juices available. Together with the lack of water this limits you to alcohol and sugar bombs.

Food is served in canteen style and quality (overcooked meat, rice and dry cakes). None of the above beverages are served in the canteen, they must be ordered elsewhere.

All in all, one of the poorest lounges I ever visited. Don't get to the airport early!

AlicorporateUK Jul 1, 2018 2:05 pm

I was somewhat puzzled looking at the thread’s header as I visited the LATAM lounge at Bogotá quite a few times and -indeed- it wasn’t bad at all. Shame - perhaps somebody amongst the KLM management thought that if the vast majority of premium passengers can put up with the Crown Lounge(s) at Amsterdam, then they’ll be alright with that dump at Bogotá.

G

Goldorak Jul 1, 2018 2:29 pm

Could be, but could be also that LATAM does not want anymore to host other airlines for whatever reason (too crowded, etc). In that case, AFKL is left with whatever other airport lounge is available.
To OP : please complain to AF/KL about this. It is important to send them that kind of feedback.

swiss_global Jul 1, 2018 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 29926714)
Could be, but could be also that LATAM does not want anymore to host other airlines for whatever reason (too crowded, etc). In that case, AFKL is left with whatever other airport lounge is available.
To OP : please complain to AF/KL about this. It is important to send them that kind of feedback.

Yes, I already let KL know, both electronically and upon boarding (crew was excellent and “watered” us). Now in Cartagena.

Re your hypothesis: I don’t know. At least DL is still using the Avianca lounge. The Avianca lounge is not as good as Latam, but way better than the MasterCard lounge. Also the Latam lounge was never overcrowded at least for the (early) KL departure.

irishguy28 Jul 2, 2018 3:06 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global (Post 29926567)
Don't get to the airport early!

Good advice. Run the risk of missing your flight because there's no water in the lounge! :D :D :D

AlicorporateUK Jul 2, 2018 4:07 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29928209)
Good advice. Run the risk of missing your flight because there's no water in the lounge! :D :D :D

:D

G

dc9northwest Jul 2, 2018 2:09 pm

IIRC, there was also no water at the subpar HAJ lounge. Only sparkling water, which they prefer... I guess Germans are afraid of rusting... ;)

JorgeGomez Jul 2, 2018 5:29 pm

Whoow. That's bad news. BOG is my most frequent airport. I liked the LATAM lounge very much. It's the best lounge at BOG. Comfortable and have a wide varity of beverages. A lot better than the Avianca Gold lounge. That AFKL are now using another lounge wich is that bad are really bad news for me.
But overall I don't understand in principle why there is no Skyteam lounge. Except the asian Skyteam carriers almost all Skyteam carriers are flying daily to BOG (DL,AF,KL,UX,AM,AR) and BOG has developed in the last years to the main hub of south america.

Xandrios Jul 3, 2018 12:15 am

Well, look at the 'main hub' for Central America (PTY). The Copa lounge that is used there is worse than a dentist waiting room!

Though in PTY I don't believe there are much better options. In BOG obviously there are. Could it be temporary due to construction work or something like that?

JorgeGomez Jul 3, 2018 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 29931854)
Well, look at the 'main hub' for Central America (PTY). The Copa lounge that is used there is worse than a dentist waiting room!

Though in PTY I don't believe there are much better options. In BOG obviously there are. Could it be temporary due to construction work or something like that?

Well that's something totally diferent. PTY is the main hub of Copa. And I was not talking of having a good or a bad lounge. Only having is own alliance lounge. In BOG only AV has is main hub. No Skyteam or Oneworld member has is main hub in BOG. But with the LATAM lounge there is also a Oneworld lounge, but Skyteam has no own lounge although there are a lot of Skyteam carrier flying daily to BOG.

swiss_global Jul 5, 2018 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 29931854)
Well, look at the 'main hub' for Central America (PTY).Could it be temporary due to construction work or something like that?

No construction, the Latam Lounge is open and fully in service. In the meantime I found out that AM is still using it. Also the Avianca lounge used by DL and AR is open and fully in service. It seams only AF, KL and UX deflected to that poor El Dorado lounge

Zembla Jul 6, 2018 4:03 am

A shame. The LATAM lounge was very nice. LATAM international lounges are very nice generally.

HeartFist Jul 6, 2018 12:05 pm

The LATAM lounge at BOG is great indeed, also has nice showers. Does the new lounge used have showers?

Nvgfocus Jul 6, 2018 4:16 pm

Are you sure? I was in BOG 30 June and used the LATAM lounge while flying out with KLM

swiss_global Aug 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Just an update: The new lounge now started serving water, as an extreme improvement. In the snack area they serve still water (only), in the dinner area sparkling water (only). Obviously great care is needed to prevent dinner guests from drinking still water and vice versa ... (sarcasm off)

Otherwise not much of improvement, but still wanted to let you know ... Btw: Not heard back from KL.
@Nvgfocus: The new rules kicked in on 1 July 2018, so you were on the last flight benefiting from the Latam lounge.