Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Technical Issue when trying to complete award reservation online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Technical Issue when trying to complete award reservation online

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Cool Technical Issue when trying to complete award reservation online

Recently found a award flight to Naples from SAV. Flights were all on Delta but due to not having enough miles that could transfer to Delta , I located same award availability on the Air France web site. Once I had the points transferred, I attempted to finalize the reservation on-line but kept getting a Msg saying reservation could not be completed due to technical issues. After trying multiple times I called Flying Blue/Air France and was told the reason for the msg was the award flights were not longer available. I checked the Delta web site and it showed “5” seats were available for the specific award I was looking at. I then contacted Air France via their Facebook page and they were able to make a temporary reservation for the flights I wanted and I just had to call in to pay the taxes/fees which I did.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jeffrowland
Recently found a award flight to Naples from SAV. Flights were all on Delta but due to not having enough miles that could transfer to Delta , I located same award availability on the Air France web site. Once I had the points transferred, I attempted to finalize the reservation on-line but kept getting a Msg saying reservation could not be completed due to technical issues. After trying multiple times I called Flying Blue/Air France and was told the reason for the msg was the award flights were not longer available. I checked the Delta web site and it showed “5” seats were available for the specific award I was looking at. I then contacted Air France via their Facebook page and they were able to make a temporary reservation for the flights I wanted and I just had to call in to pay the taxes/fees which I did.
Award availability on Skymiles does not at all mean availability on Flying blue. What you got is just some technical issue and you were lucky that the Facebook agent was able to find the same award you wanted. maybe that agent used some different way to fetch that itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.