Wiki Posts
Search

Use of Lounge on Arrival in Munich?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Use of Lounge on Arrival in Munich?

My husband and I will be arriving on an international business class itinerary (Delta/KLM) in MUN, and his sister will be arriving on a similar itinerary about 2.5 hours later. We're considering waiting for her at the airport, since it will be her first time traveling to Europe. Will we be able to access the Air France/KLM lounge as arriving passengers?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Not on arrival unless you're also departing the same day on a SkyTeam flight.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I figured that was the spirit of the rule, but was wondering if others had a different experience, since it seems LH allows it in their lounge. Thank you for the confirmation!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by LizGross144
I figured that was the spirit of the rule, but was wondering if others had a different experience, since it seems LH allows it in their lounge. Thank you for the confirmation!
Lufthansa has it only after arriving intercontinental flight, which you could also do in CDG I guess, but MUC is an outstation, does not have a welcome lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
No harm in asking when you get there, but it seems highly unlikely; they would want to see a boarding pass for a connecting flight.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
No harm in asking when you get there, but it seems highly unlikely; they would want to see a boarding pass for a connecting flight.
There's clearly no need to ask in this case. Answer is no.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
anyway, when you arrive in MUC, you are going to arrival area and not to departure area (where lounge is located). So, you definitely can not access to the lounge without a boarding pass.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by canadavid
anyway, when you arrive in MUC, you are going to arrival area and not to departure area (where lounge is located). So, you definitely can not access to the lounge without a boarding pass.
Well, that clears it up!
According to official policy the answer would have been "no" as Goldorak quite rightly points out. But people are people (or dragons) and exceptions are occasionally made, as many of us will know from personal experience.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Platinum
You will find a nice area with bars and supermarkets landside between the two terminals.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Lufthansa has it only after arriving intercontinental flight, which you could also do in CDG I guess, but MUC is an outstation, does not have a welcome lounge.
Lufthansa allows it also for arrival from European and domestic flights (not just intercontinental), in any lounge (not just welcome lounge) - but only for status pax. If OP has no status then flying to LH would not have solved the problem because there is no welcome lounge in MUC.

Originally Posted by canadavid
Wrong. The AFKL flights arrive at the D gates and disembark into the secure Schengen departure area (luggage delivery is arrival E, but gates used are D gates). From there, no problem whatsoever to access the lounge.

Originally Posted by pado
You will find a nice area with bars and supermarkets landside between the two terminals.
Yep, even a nice Biergarten "Airbräu" with a nice patio on the way from T1 towards T2. And a couple of other restaurants also on the lower level of Terminal 1 where OP arrives.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jun 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Lufthansa allows it also for arrival
Yes, but not after arrival on connecting shorhaul, right?

Talking about C ticket now, not SEN or HON.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.