Wiki Posts
Search

Carry-over of XP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
This mechanism is not confirmed. It's extremely like this is how it will work, but it is not confirmed.

There is no definition of Surplus XP that I could find. As such I do not consider it confirmed.
It was confirmed "unofficially" via query and posted in the main thread.

However, I don't see how you can interpret "Keep surplus XP" in any other way. To ever allow a situation where someone can keep ALL of their XPs means that they are getting a qualification period of 2 years. I don't see why they would decide some random subset deserves twice the qualification period, so unless you have an explanation why someone would deserve a total of up to 24 months to build up XPs to reach any single threshold, then your hypothetical scenario can't be how FB will implement it...
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
By the way - see the wiki in the main FB changes thread. it says:

For elite members, there is a roll-over of all XP above your tier threshold.

The rules for soft-landing have been extended. It is now no longer required to make at least 1 qualifying flight and in case you do not meet your threshold you will only drop one tier.
I remember the part where it was thrashed-out in thread that the rollover relates to the amount above the corresponding tier threshold only; that's logical, makes sense, and is more generous than the old system.

As regards the rules for soft-landing being softened - I would not personally rely on that, if it applied to me. The "rules" for softlanding have never been documented, so there is nowhere that you can appeal if it turns out not to be the case. I would always continue to take at least one XP-earning flight each year. Particularly for the hypothetical person who has enough "banked" XP to eventually get to Platinum for Life, you would wonder in what universe they would suddently stop flying each year on Skyteam and/or stop putting at least one flight their way each year, anyway....
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: FB platinum, M&S elite+, M&B gold
It is officially explained on Flying Blue website : "Let’s say you are Platinum. You need to gain 300 XP by the end of your personal qualification period to remain Platinum. If you only get up to 240 XP by the end of your qualification period, your XP counter is offset by 180 XP and your status changes to Gold. You have 60 surplus XP to begin your new qualification period, a nice head start on staying Gold or levelling back up to Platinum."
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by UlyssesParis
It is officially explained on Flying Blue website : "Let’s say you are Platinum. You need to gain 300 XP by the end of your personal qualification period to remain Platinum. If you only get up to 240 XP by the end of your qualification period, your XP counter is offset by 180 XP and your status changes to Gold. You have 60 surplus XP to begin your new qualification period, a nice head start on staying Gold or levelling back up to Platinum."
Right! I haven't seen that before.

I concede that this is now officially confirmed
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Am I missing something with this soft landing thing. If we have two platinum members and member A hits 180 XP in 2018 and therefore drops to Gold from 1 April 2019 and member B only gets 10 XP during 2018 and soft lands to gold, both are pretty much starting from scratch in 2020? This doesn't seem fair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.