FYI: AmEx-AFKL Promo

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

FYI: AmEx-AFKL Promo

This sort of straddles this forum and the external points/miles forum, but probably the most useful here for the US AF flyers - Just noticed my AmEx Platinum has a AF and a KLM promo going. Spend $1k and get 20k points for each airline. Total of 40k points available for doing something most of us would normally otherwise do and not too shabby for those of us who don't do a lot of flying for business. Just an FYI.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milemarker000
This sort of straddles this forum and the external points/miles forum, but probably the most useful here for the US AF flyers - Just noticed my AmEx Platinum has a AF and a KLM promo going. Spend $1k and get 20k points for each airline. Total of 40k points available for doing something most of us would normally otherwise do and not too shabby for those of us who don't do a lot of flying for business. Just an FYI.
Where did you find it? Haven't seen it on desktop or app. (And I've xfr'd MR to FB twice, so I should be targeted).
Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by milemarker000
Which country is you Amex Platinum from? US?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: FB Plat
As far as I know, it's a US-based offer so no love for NL/FR.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
As far as I know, it's a US-based offer so no love for NL/FR.
Such an offer would never be targeted at their home markets, where their captive market requires no such inducements to spend money on these airlines (unless they were going to set a much, much higher spend target).

Of course, there may be US customers who would spend such sums on AF/KL anyway without the inducement - but we already have evidence that the inducement is working ;-)

Is there a way to buy US domestic flights via KLM/AF (Cash booking, not points)?
Combine Business and Economy on a single booking from Air France website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.