Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible

Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
It looks like they're going to fail to credit yet another flight to my account, so back down the Flying Blue hole of incompetence I travel...
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
After almost 2 months of me claiming a JFK LAX flight, they answered me saying it is now credited but when I check, they credited 51 miles 0 XP... it is really depressing. I have claims dating back to April...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Ok! Data point : two months of badgering them and everything has finally been credited.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: FB Plat
I just called FB Plat today and they credited my missing XPs (from April - never contacted them before today) after an hour.
I also called to suggest that domestic flights connecting to a longer flight get more XP - I was told to contact Flying Blue by mail for that suggestion.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
I also called to suggest that domestic flights connecting to a longer flight get more XP - I was told to contact Flying Blue by mail for that suggestion.
But they already do - you don't just get the domestic XPs, but you also get the international XPs as well.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

KLM's IT seems to be in complete chaos. It must be costing them a fortune not to fix this. How difficult can it be?

I now have flights (from 5 days ago) disappearing from my records altogether.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Another bunch of flights not credited got me thinking:
I'm now FB Gold, if I claim the missing XPs, let's say in 4 months, will I be platinum in 4 months (when XPs will be effectively posted) or now; and virtually "losing" all platinum benefits during this period?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I just received my denial on June 19 for submission May 22 so looks like they are starting to catch up (or finally attend to the requests). (they were correct to deny credit on my DL flight which was listed as VA code share on ticket)
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: FB Plat
Same here - been waiting nearly 6 months for a credit. They're claiming issues with converting retro XP from flights in Q1 this year ("technical issue, please try again later").
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Senator M&M, Silver Flying Blue, Silver Emirates Skywards
I had the same issues.
I got credited only by calling them... and waiting on the phone at least 40 minutes...

System APP also said I had a no show flight while of course I did and have the boarding card (done at the airport not even online)...

They def have problems and don't answer to emails.

Guess I am sticking to Lufthansa, although I just got silver
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:05 am
Original Poster

I feel like I'm riding my luck somewhat, but a couple of messages through the FB site asking for my miles to be credited seems to be doing the trick.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A flight from December on a partner which did not credit, and for which I claimed in February and March just came through.........
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I used the KLM complaint form a few times for this, uploading all proof like boardingpasses that I made the flight...the typical response was that they forwarded my message to FB and that solved the issue in a few days.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
After a request via Twitter and another 2 via the contact form, I finally got my miles credit. Only took about 2 months...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:38 pm

Tried claiming via Facebook today, got the response that it is currently not possible to use social media to claim.miles.

Alternative they provide is the web form, but only in urgent cases (going to another level or almost 6 months passed).

Everybody else simply has to wait?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.