Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My miles are going to expire

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

My miles are going to expire

My miles are going to expire (3,500) next month. Am I correct that I cannot keep them active, if I shop at their online store?

From what I am reading I have to take a flight and/or use their credit card to keep.

Thanks beforehand
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
You are correct.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:58 pm

Flying Blue is a horrible award program...my 60,000 miles expired, without any notification..and when you try to send them an email via contacts us ..its say "OOPS error occurred"

Never Flying KLM Air France Again
Old May 8, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by johnny2001
Never Flying KLM Air France Again
In any case you didn’t seem to fly them much for the last 2 years. For the notification of expiry, there has been reports here about receiving such notification. Maybe it went to your spam folder ?
Old May 27, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Same issue - miles are going to expire - so didn't start a new thread. Can I stop my miles from expiring by taking a Czech Airlines flight and crediting to FB?
Old May 27, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would not go out of my way to prevent 3.5K FB miles from expiring. It just is not worth it.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Yes. A paid flight on any SkyTeam airline should do it. Just make sure you put your FlyingBlue Account number on the partner ticket. Because it can take a couple of weeks to credit partner airlines, I wouldn't cut the time too close.
aakaa likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by aakaa
Same issue - miles are going to expire - so didn't start a new thread. Can I stop my miles from expiring by taking a Czech Airlines flight and crediting to FB?
Originally Posted by TravelStar
Yes. A paid flight on any SkyTeam airline should do it. Just make sure you put your FlyingBlue Account number on the partner ticket. Because it can take a couple of weeks to credit partner airlines, I wouldn't cut the time too close.
Not all flights on Skyteam airlines as there are some booking classes with some airlines that give 0 mile in FB. @aakaa : yes, you can book on OK but make sure that you book in an eligible fare (and this is not easy to determine now because all earning tables with the different airlines have been removed from FB website since April 1st).
aakaa likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
(and this is not easy to determine now because all earning tables with the different airlines have been removed from FB website since April 1st).
The earnings for individual fare codes are still there on the Airline pages

https://www.flyingblue.se/en/partner...s/presentation
aakaa and Goldorak like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Solevita

A big thank you !!
I have been unable to locate those pages for days ! Now I have found them very quickly even starting from the home page. I must have looked at a time they were working on the site...
Solevita likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not all flights on Skyteam airlines as there are some booking classes with some airlines that give 0 mile in FB. @aakaa : yes, you can book on OK but make sure that you book in an eligible fare (and this is not easy to determine now because all earning tables with the different airlines have been removed from FB website since April 1st).

As mentioned, tables fort OK can be found... what is a bigger problem, that actually I haven't yet had an OK flight that would qualify!
Way too much classes are non-earning.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
As mentioned, tables fort OK can be found... what is a bigger problem, that actually I haven't yet had an OK flight that would qualify!
Way too much classes are non-earning.
Indeed, that caught me out last year when i was a little less informed than I am now...

Non earning fare codes: e f n o p r s v w z

Who can get the highest Scrabble score with those?
Boturham likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by aakaa
be aware of one thing , when you buy a ticket from OK's site, you will not be able to see the booking code before purchase

the only way is to book it from a physical travel agent and ask him to check the code before validation

Or by using ITA matrix in order to compare with the price you get and guess what you will receive

by experience i can tell you that only flex and business fares will be considered as qualifying , but the prices are so high , that if FB is your main concern book the same trip from AF/KL/AZ with a layover in order to save money and get more miles because OK is not worth such amount of money . Its like easyjet but 3/5 times more expensive
Old May 29, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Some...
Non earning fare codes: e f n o p r s v w z

Who can get the highest Scrabble score with those?
It seems to be "frozen"
Solevita, Fabo.sk and giganpi like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:25 am

My miles (140K) were supposed to expire on June 30th (last flight June 2016). But now i've got a new activity shown:

Starting XP counter1 April 2018

and
140.000 Miles
140.000 valid until 31 Dec 2019
Can I trust this information? Or should I spend the miles before end of the month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.