Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XP after upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It applies to any advance upgrade that involves reticketing. It's just that this is not commonly done in Europe - we normally have either checkin upgrade or advance bidding.
if i understand well, advance bidding will not involve reticketing? i am looking at 2 coming intra europe flights with AZ for which i can bid for an upgrade, i have never done it. In this case. is it the same as check in upgrade?
if I get the upgrade, will I only get the 5 XP of Y?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by newflyer27
if i understand well, advance bidding will not involve reticketing? i am looking at 2 coming intra europe flights with AZ for which i can bid for an upgrade, i have never done it. In this case. is it the same as check in upgrade?
if I get the upgrade, will I only get the 5 XP of Y?
It will sort of reticket... into award business. Which gets 0.
But you can retroclaim credit for the flight as ticketed, which means 5 XP and however many miles.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: QF gold, AF/KL platinum, exMA gold :( exSK gold
Received 5 XP without retroclaim on AZ intra EU, international flight, after an UG bid about 1 month ago.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It will sort of reticket... into award business. Which gets 0.
But you can retroclaim credit for the flight as ticketed, which means 5 XP and however many miles.
ok, thanks for the info, I won't bid then, not worth it.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by LHKE
Received 5 XP without retroclaim on AZ intra EU, international flight, after an UG bid about 1 month ago.
Good to hear, they might have fixed it with the new system. I got 0 originally in March.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: FB Platinum
So you get XP if you upgrade except at OLCI?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by KLBGO
So you get XP if you upgrade except at OLCI?
only if you actually reticket. No OLCI, no bidding.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
advance mile upgrade

Hi, I know that this must have been asked a couple of time, but I don't find anything clear...

At the beginning of August, I have bought a KL AMS-BOD ticket for a flight in September. I've just upgraded the ticket with 15,000 miles.

Will I receive only 5XP or 15XP (corresponding to european J class)?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
5 XP.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by Boturham
5 XP.
according to AF social network, I'll be credited 15XP... I'm sure what to believe
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Satie
according to AF social network, I'll be credited 15XP... I'm sure what to believe
Indeed...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: FB Gold
I upgraded a CDG-SFO from PE to BIZ 2 weeks before by calling FlyingBlue. When I did the same back in April, they credited me 36 XP, however today they only credited 24 XP for this upgraded flight. I believe that's a mistake and upgrades in advance should count as an upgraded fare. Am I correct ? Should I call FB ?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Upgrades in advance are re-ticketed to a higher class of travel so should indeed get the XP for its class. I'd give em a call.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
Upgrades in advance are re-ticketed to a higher class of travel so should indeed get the XP for its class. I'd give em a call.
Upgrade with miles should still earn the original fare XP, even though as they are re-ticketed, they are more prone to mistakes...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: Many
Unless I am mistaken, only OLCI or DoD upgrades provide more XP. Upgrades processed through FB with miles are considered as awards therefore do not entitle these extra XP.

Sometimes there are flaws in the system and they do. Happened to me some weeks ago: I upgraded 4 tickets from Y to J with FB since there was plenty of availability on the flight. For 2 of the pax we received full fare J miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.