Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Platinum for Life still exist? [YES]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

1st time I am hearing about a Platinum lottery by AF !
There was actually one back in fall 2016 where one person can win a Platinum status for one year. Below an article I have found digging in Google !
https://thetravelersclub.boardingare...atut-platinum/
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

1st time I am hearing about a Platinum lottery by AF !
AF was trying to promote OLCI in Italy at the time and if you checked-in online and sent them you BP, you entered the lottery and the prize was an upgrade of your FF status (I was already Gold, so I got upgraded to Platinum). I actually won again a month or so later, but since I was already Platinum, I gave the prize up. OLCI was not very popular in Italy ten years ago ;-)
Goldorak likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: FB Plat 4 life
Originally Posted by CDGcommuter
I just received an email/newsletter from FB that informs me that I will officially be PFL starting April 1st.
Didn't received that one but could be special for people with qualification before April, at that time without rollover, I guess only very few people have fallen into that situation. 1st qualif for me was in December 2009
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:13 am

received today so April is the key date
gaukuser likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Tonin
received today so April is the key date
Congrats, Tonin!
On a side note - the lady seems to be sitting in long haul economy. So I guess the underlying message of the picture is: "Don't expect too much from your new status"
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Congrats, Tonin!
On a side note - the lady seems to be sitting in long haul economy.
No ! The curtain is behind her
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Congrats, Tonin!
On a side note - the lady seems to be sitting in long haul economy. So I guess the underlying message of the picture is: "Don't expect too much from your new status"
Let's be honest, it's not a new status, just the same for life, I'm then expecting "business as usual" or 'economy as usual"
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I became Platinum for Life on 01/01/21 and nothing happened... totally nothing. nada. Not a single email or message from FB. Well... It's not like I was expecting a gala celebrating my achievement but at least an email.

When I log in everything looks exactly as it used to: Platinum / Platinum 03/21 etc. Only at the bottom of the page like something totally not important:

Honestly it's a bit frustrating and definitely a missed opportunity. At least of mr personally it's kinda a big deal and it goes without noticing from AFKL.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by urww
I became Platinum for Life on 01/01/21 and nothing happened... totally nothing. nada. Not a single email or message from FB. Well... It's not like I was expecting a gala celebrating my achievement but at least an email.

When I log in everything looks exactly as it used to: Platinum / Platinum 03/21 etc. Only at the bottom of the page like something totally not important:

Honestly it's a bit frustrating and definitely a missed opportunity. At least of mr personally it's kinda a big deal and it goes without noticing from AFKL.
You should receive anytime soon the physical card along with some communication from AFKL.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by urww

Congratulations from here. Almost there and looking forward to joining your club
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
As far as I know there used to be 'celebrations' for new PFLs starting in April on your 1st flight (the next 6 batches of for lifes still have their qualification date until Dec31 / validity of regular platinum until Mar31) . I've seen a couple of glasses of J wine or KLM huisjes with a congratulations card being handed to new PFLs on flights in April in the past years.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I have also seen someone that became a PFL on my flight getting a voucher for the in flight duty free 2 years ago.

Next year I will join the club as well.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by KLouis
Even worse than that, enhancements () of the programme. I had been platinum for 8 years (which included two major operations!!!), then they changed their earning schemes such that even without any change of my flying patterns there was no way I could make it platinum. I "quit" FB and became gold with *A...
I've been fortunate to be Life since day 1. I must add up my cards,but it must now be 10 years at least..time flies!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike turnbull
I've been fortunate to be Life since day 1. I must add up my cards,but it must now be 10 years at least..time flies!
Same here.

The last in my stack of RoyalWing cards was valid through 6/2003, the first Plat card was valid for two years, 2002 & 2003; the last through 3/2012. For Life from then on. That makes 2021 the 10th year, although I was sort of a For Life avant la lettre, as my stash of carried over points qualified me the instant the scheme was announced.

Johan
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: FB Plat4Life, A3 *G, IHG Plat Amb, HH Gold, BW Gold, RR Gold.
Lucky me

Originally Posted by arjen05
As far as I know there used to be 'celebrations' for new PFLs starting in April on your 1st flight (the next 6 batches of for lifes still have their qualification date until Dec31 / validity of regular platinum until Mar31) . I've seen a couple of glasses of J wine or KLM huisjes with a congratulations card being handed to new PFLs on flights in April in the past years.
Really?
So far I haven't seen a thing besides the email with congratulations, new Card and luggage tags.

But hey to be fair, I actually only qualified 9 out of the 10 years due to the whole covid situation.
2020 I had only like 73 XP but FB gave me the remaining 227 ( as they said they would, but you never know right) to complete my 10th year so that was pretty decent of them.
Imagine soft landing to Gold after 9 years plat.
That would have been devastating I'm sure you all will agree.
Therefore, I'm not complaining.
johan rebel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.