Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Platinum for Life still exist? [YES]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:41 pm

2013 I qualified

I qualified in 2013 November this is what mine shows. No idea how they do the calculations
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Tonic27
I qualified in 2013 November this is what mine shows. No idea how they do the calculations
Then let's move to the XP domain. You've qualified for 5 years and you need another 5 years to become PFL. Means 1500XP - 486XP = 1014XP.
You'll complete your 10th year in Plat by the end of 2023 and then you'll be PFL.
According to some posters here, they might send you the card ahead of "milestone", like a year or so.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Then let's move to the XP domain. You've qualified for 5 years and you need another 5 years to become PFL. Means 1500XP - 486XP = 1014XP.
You'll complete your 10th year in Plat by the end of 2023 and then you'll be PFL.
According to some posters here, they might send you the card ahead of "milestone", like a year or so.
But you actually just need to quality for 2022 since you in 2023 you will stay platinum from your earnings of 2022?

SB
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by strikerbird
But you actually just need to quality for 2022 since you in 2023 you will stay platinum from your earnings of 2022?

SB
You need to qualify 10 times.

2013 (for 2014) 1
2014 (for 2015) 2
2022 (for 2023) 10
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Tonic27

When does the qualification year get counted from and added on exactly to the Plat for life counter ?

Is it March when the "old" card expires and new ones are issued ?

Reason I ask is my XP counter has been reset on 01/01/19 and the 300XP to keep Platinum has been removed leaving my excess for this year but my "You have Platinum since XX years" has remained unchanged so far at 5 like it showed all year but it should now be 6 ??
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Airframe
When does the qualification year get counted from and added on exactly to the Plat for life counter ?

Reason I ask is my XP counter has been reset on 01/01/19 and the 300XP to keep Platinum has been removed leaving my excess for this year but my "You have Platinum since XX years" has remained unchanged so far at 5 like it showed all year but it should now be 6 ??
Me too, I'm giving them a few days to get going before I call to chase it up
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
IIRC mine was updated in April last year. I couldn't say if that's because I qualified for plat on a day in April or it's usual practice.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat

Same story and situation here. In the years before the counter would update only in April . I guess it will stay like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:27 pm

I have had contact with KLM about the mismatch between the counter reset and platinum years. My platinum years also did not increase on Jan 1. KLM is saying that the Platinum for life is based on the date you became Platinum. So for me the teller will not now increase until November. This seems very sneaky of KLM and may mean having to do an extra Platinum year - no clarity on that as yet from KLM
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by jimmyc68
I have had contact with KLM about the mismatch between the counter reset and platinum years. My platinum years also did not increase on Jan 1. KLM is saying that the Platinum for life is based on the date you became Platinum. So for me the teller will not now increase until November. This seems very sneaky of KLM and may mean having to do an extra Platinum year - no clarity on that as yet from KLM
Is the date you become Platinum shown anywhere online or will I need to call up FB to ask this ? I can't remember that far back as to what month I actually qualified for Platinum status.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Is the date you become Platinum shown anywhere online or will I need to call up FB to ask this ? I can't remember that far back as to what month I actually qualified for Platinum status.
It may be available online but KLM told me the exact date via Whatsapp
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
why would you need to do an extra year?! Isn’t that just an overreaction?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

You may be right. In my case there is an 11 month gap between achieving my 10th year and receiving Platinum for life although in terms of benefits it shouldn’t matter
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: FB Plat 4 life
In order to get Platinum for life status you need to be platinum on the 10th year anniversary, for you in November 2019. As you've been qualified and stay Platinum until December 2019, you are virtually Platinum for life, nothing wrong can happen now (well, I exclude some corner cases like: they remove Plat for life status, they exclude you for fraud, they bankrupt... etc) :-)
I'm in the same situation (plat until December 2009) and the counter should be updated in April (as it was before). For us (Plat for few years) the qualification date is aligned with calendar so I don't see why it should be different.
Then also in April 2019 we should see our status moving to Plat for life.
About receiving the new physical card I have no clue, perhaps we'll receive in April, perhaps next year, wait & see !
Side comment, I had enough miles/XP to maintain Platinum status 5 years ago with rollover and I've never seen anyone granted in advance :-(
Hope it helps,
Tonin
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:25 am

The remark from KLM is incorrect from my own observation. I know the date I became platinum (it was in December) and I did not see any change at that time. In fact, the app was already showing I achieved X years when I had not fully passed the X year mark yet. And now it still shows X years (even though I have qualified now X+1 times).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.