Does Platinum for Life still exist? [YES]

Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
IMO it is a great offer and definitely worth making some extra trips for... if you know it's within reach in a year or two.

Making it a goal of becoming Platinum every year for ten years, I think, is gambling way too much on the fact that your travel patterns wont change drastically.
I mean, a single year of being unable to fly for medical reasons in 7 years would mean that you lost out on all those 6 years of investment.
Too true, but at least with XPs you can effectively bank the surplus which could come in handy for a rainy 12 months.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh I'm much too late to the game, unfortunately. I would be starting from the beginning and I think 10 years is just a bit long to be chasing something like that at this stage.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:14 pm

IMO it is a great offer and definitely worth making some extra trips for... if you know it's within reach in a year or two.
Making it a goal of becoming Platinum every year for ten years, I think, is gambling way too much on the fact that your travel patterns wont change drastically.
I mean, a single year of being unable to fly for medical reasons in 7 years would mean that you lost out on all those 6 years of investment.
Even worse than that, enhancements () of the programme. I had been platinum for 8 years (which included two major operations!!!), then they changed their earning schemes such that even without any change of my flying patterns there was no way I could make it platinum. I "quit" FB and became gold with *A...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or one just did it and did it the hard way, back when it was 100k a year to keep Plat, when there was no carry-over of miles, and just got on with it and did it.
Wangja and brunos like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by JakeMorgan
Can someone direct me to where I can see how many consecutive years of platinum I have?

Thank you.
The Platinum year counter can be found on the KLM site under Platinum benefits on the Dashboard for FB. I am on year 1...
Solevita likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: FB Platinum | A3 Gold | BA Silver
I noticed that the counter appears in the KLM App again.. strange because there was no app update.

Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by foxtwo
I noticed that the counter appears in the KLM App again.. strange because there was no app update.

Wow, what did you do to get half way to PFL after only 1 year
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum

Originally Posted by Solevita
Wow, what did you do to get half way to PFL after only 1 year
Yes, I wanted to know why my plane has only just taken off and theirs is half-way already!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by PeteM01

Yes, I wanted to know why my plane has only just taken off and theirs is half-way already!
Maybe they have their year counter set to binary?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
Maybe they have their year counter set to binary?
Then there are only 10 types of people who understand it.
Zembla likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by hfly
Or one just did it and did it the hard way, back when it was 100k a year to keep Plat, when there was no carry-over of miles, and just got on with it and did it.

I did it in mostly Economy from Amsterdam. The real hard way..

But in those days you still got mostly 100% miles and not the 20/25/50% you now get in Y. But those days where also much better for complementary upgrades. And most of those miles where flown with Continental when they still where part of Skyteam. When Nortwest Airlines still had the DC10,s...

.... getting old...
Wangja likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
and not the 20/25/50% you now get in Y
This is also no longer the case. It has become revenue based recently.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
This is also no longer the case. It has become revenue based recently.
unless you fly on a partner-coded flight for which the old scheme still apply.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Hi guys
I am bringing this thread up as I have looked for an answer and did not find it...
Is it possible to get awarded the Plat for life status before the 10 years thanks to the XP roll over calculation ?
I have been Platinium for the past 4 years and will end up 2018 with around 1800 XP which means that I will be platinum for the next 6 years (300 XP per year to maintain the status)
Will I have to wait for the 10th year or it will be granted next year ?
thanks
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:43 pm

AFAIK you have to wait the full 10 years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.