Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AF Flight Cancelled and they booked me on BA - will I still get miles/ XP points?

AF Flight Cancelled and they booked me on BA - will I still get miles/ XP points?

Old Apr 6, 18, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KLM

I have tried searching this subject without any success, so here goes.

My flight to AMS was cancelled for 3rd time in 5 weeks, but instead of rerouting me home via CDG they chose BA for some reason, and by the time I noticed my confirmation I was already on the way to the airport.

As I had a BA ticket, I couldnt get in to any lounge as Gold or any fast treack etc. Will I also not be awarded any miles/ XP points too?

I assume I will be able to collect BA points instead, but the whole idea of me paying more for KLM flights in the first palce was to clock up the segments/ points. I could have booked BA in the first place and saved £150, which is obviously not what I wanted to do
Old Apr 6, 18, 4:33 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Dougy Giro View Post

My flight to AMS was cancelled for 3rd time in 5 weeks, but instead of rerouting me home via CDG they chose BA for some reason, and by the time I noticed my confirmation I was already on the way to the airport.

As I had a BA ticket, I couldnt get in to any lounge as Gold or any fast treack etc. Will I also not be awarded any miles/ XP points too?

I assume I will be able to collect BA points instead, but the whole idea of me paying more for KLM flights in the first palce was to clock up the segments/ points. I could have booked BA in the first place and saved £150, which is obviously not what I wanted to do
if you contact them after they will give you “original routing” credit without much of an issue. I’ve done it a few times.
Old Apr 6, 18, 4:50 am

Programs: KL Plat

If you have a Skyteam lounge in the same terminal you're departing from, you should be able to get in with your original boarding pass. I've done this both at GOT and AMS when I've been rerouted on a non Skyteam carrier.

You may be able to explain your way in without the boarding pass and some sort of proof of original routing... I always make sure I get an email copy of the BP at checkin so if the App updates to make the original BP disappear I can always bring up the email BP. Obviously this won't work if you're rerouted before checkin though
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Solevita View Post
If you have a Skyteam lounge in the same terminal you're departing from, you should be able to get in with your original boarding pass. I've done this both at GOT and AMS when I've been rerouted on a non Skyteam carrier.

You may be able to explain your way in without the boarding pass and some sort of proof of original routing... I always make sure I get an email copy of the BP at checkin so if the App updates to make the original BP disappear I can always bring up the email BP. Obviously this won't work if you're rerouted before checkin though
Good advice - i hadnt actually checked in at the time, and by the time i got to the DUS lounge ate app showed BA LHR.
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lewis42 View Post

if you contact them after they will give you “original routing” credit without much of an issue. I’ve done it a few times.
Thanks for the info - is emailing flying blue the best way to do this or call them?
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:39 am

Programs: KL Plat
Thanks for the info - is emailing flying blue the best way to do this or call them?
I've dropped them a message via their online contact form the last two times. Once I got a response saying the miles have been credited, the other time just silence but the miles appeared anyway...
Old Apr 9, 18, 2:43 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold
My experience: the fastest and easiest way of claiming miles for original routing credit was Flying blue desk at Amsterdam airport. 2 minutes there and miles credited
irishguy28 and Goldorak like this.
Old Apr 9, 18, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mbcan View Post
My experience: the fastest and easiest way of claiming miles for original routing credit was Flying blue desk at Amsterdam airport. 2 minutes there and miles credited
Thanks - if they are not done by Friday I will try that. Waste of time trying at CDG this evening I assume?
Old Apr 9, 18, 7:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
In my experience, by contacting FB on their website you're good to go. Don't expect to get any confirmation, but 2 or 3 days later you will see the original routing miles credited to your account.
Old Apr 9, 18, 11:08 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC, Accor Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
In my experience, by contacting FB on their website you're good to go. Don't expect to get any confirmation, but 2 or 3 days later you will see the original routing miles credited to your account.
Not these days with the recent changes and the new website. I sent them a question using their new contact form a week ago and still haven't heard back.