Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:26 am
Community Director Emerita

I've now been told that it's phantom F availability, shown since the changeover to the new system. Apparently it's common to see it but impossible to book it with no status.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Andy82
Avoid the A380 - 77W is far superior - and spend *at least* 3 hours on the lounge.
Don't eat too much on the lunge (a lot of the experience of F is food on the flight) but try appetizers/desserts and all the champagne you can stand ;-)
Then remember to book a massage, it's also part of the experience.
Or eat a full menu in the lounge. It's delicious. And then ask the cabin crew to serve the lunch/dinner later into the flight. Eat at the time that suits you is part of the F service.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
With all the complaints about outrageous milage rates here, an opposite experience - was able to book SIN-DPS for a nice 9k in economy and 26k in biz next week, with KLM. GA would have been some 11k. Same would have been possible beween JKT and KUL. I admit for KLM, both are add-on legs to long haul routes, but this is better as before all changes.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: Many
Good for you!

Though I certainly prefer the SIN-CDG in J at 100k with AF and the SIN-DPS in Y at 10k with KL under the old scheme than 450k and 9k respectively under the new scheme
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by atflyer
With all the complaints about outrageous milage rates here, an opposite experience - was able to book SIN-DPS for a nice 9k in economy and 26k in biz next week, with KLM. GA would have been some 11k. Same would have been possible beween JKT and KUL. I admit for KLM, both are add-on legs to long haul routes, but this is better as before all changes.
Well HKG-DPS used to price as 25K in J while now it is 50K...
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by bodory
Good for you!

Though I certainly prefer the SIN-CDG in J at 100k with AF and the SIN-DPS in Y at 10k with KL under the old scheme than 450k and 9k respectively under the new scheme
Agree of course. I drew the lucky straw in the chaos that seems to reign at the moment. If it stay like this we are all cooked up with devaluated miles, But then I saw some examples of SIN-PAR for 36k somewhere in this thread, a 4 k lower as normal....so maybe all temporary glitches due to faulty IT planning and transfer to a new system, like the fact that you could not retroclaim miles for a while on the FB site....A mess that is no advertisement for AF/KLM of course.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've just randomly checked SFO-PRG in J and it costs only 61k miles on some dates. That's saving of 1.5k miles against the old scheme, or 3k miles for the whole round trip. New scheme FTW!!! .... nah

EDIT: There actually are dates where each way costs only 53k miles!!!! That's actually pretty good (less 19k miles for RT) ^
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
Agree of course. I drew the lucky straw in the chaos that seems to reign at the moment. If it stay like this we are all cooked up with devaluated miles, But then I saw some examples of SIN-PAR for 36k somewhere in this thread, a 4 k lower as normal....so maybe all temporary glitches due to faulty IT planning and transfer to a new system, like the fact that you could not retroclaim miles for a while on the FB site....A mess that is no advertisement for AF/KLM of course.
36k in Y is the lowest award under the new scheme. Wide available on SIN-CDG, specially on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays.

Still, I cannot find any availability in J for SIN-CDG under 126k, even on days where awards are wide available to SkyTeam partners
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Still, I cannot find any availability in J for SIN-CDG under 126k, even on days where awards are wide available to SkyTeam partners
I think you are the same person that made the same claim a few weeks back, and which I showed you was incorrect?

This was only the second random date I searched, so finding availability on the direct flight for less than your claim took me all of 15 seconds....
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I think you are the same person that made the same claim a few weeks back, and which I showed you was incorrect?
It's me indeed.
Side note: myself cannot finding availability under 126k in J is different than me being incorrect.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
This was only the second random date I searched, so finding availability on the direct flight for less than your claim took me all of 15 seconds....
Thank you for your time.

Now if you find J availability on the direct SIN-CDG for 90k, which was the amount required under the old scheme and available all year round, now also the floor for redemption under the new scheme, I will owe some credits ^
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:01 am

What's the lowest dynamic pricing you guys have seen for LAX-PPT on AF metal, J cabin?
I saw 74K FB so far... but havent been able to get it any lower by adding an airport before or after (the former make more sense though)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:47 am

74k is not that bad when you consider the entry price for J at 64k from any US airport.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:59 am

So I am looking at flying that particular day. Wide availability in J for our friends from SkyTeam or Japan Airlines on the daily SIN-CDG with a beautiful O9.

Indeed, I can see the flight bookable from the lowest band on DL, for a cheap 47.30 SGD, roughly 30 EUR.

One might think AF will price the award to their own frequent flyers at the lowest possible price, i.e. 90k FB miles?

Nope. They ask for 126k and 6 times the amount in taxes.

How infuriating is that?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: FB Plat
On your Delta screenshot:
*AF257 is operated by Air France. Additionnal fees may apply.
I would be curious to know what are those additionnal fees...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
On your Delta screenshot:

I would be curious to know what are those additionnal fees...
The 47,30 SGD is excluding the AF YQ+YR charges...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.