Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Let's not forget there are 5 points per dollar spent as well, so you'll at least get 25000 points
Very true . After further thinking though, I decided to keep my miles and book the ticket cash since I've found a great J fare for just $2k roundtrip (adding a leg to BSL). I guess that it's "just" $1k more than the taxes for the miles only ticket, and I get to keep 115k miles and make 5-6000 extra miles + XPs + 30000 Amex points . Not a terrible deal...
glennhaak likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
It seems that there's still not a "every ticket is bookable with miles" policy in place.
https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...naar-las-vegas

7-11 January is a direct KLM flight to and from LAS, doesn't show up in the reward bookings.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by Wunk
7-11 January is a direct KLM flight to and from LAS, doesn't show up in the reward bookings.
That looks like special flights for the CES, and clearly they can sell those tickets for a fortune
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by lynxy
That looks like special flights for the CES, and clearly they can sell those tickets for a fortune
Yet.. every ticket == every ticket
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by lynxy
They could offer it for a fortune in miles just the same. Million miles to CES? Well it would be available technically
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Miles refund

I saw the question asked but not the answer.

Plat line told me that all awards (except promo) are like classic before: refund with 45 Euro fee.

Manual issueing is 15.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
What a pain to look for an award ticket

It used to be fun looking for award tickets. The costs were clear. The overview for the month would tell us if we had any chance of getting a ticket with AF/KL.

In a few clicks, we could check on a few destinations in the area we wanted to fly to.

If unlucky, we could check for the Skyteram airline flying to the destination area knowing in advance how much the ticket would cost if there was availability..

Good lord, those days are gone!

I was going to give up after seeing insane amounts of required miles for SEA destinations when I ended up having the luck of falling on the right combination of destination and date to BKK in July for 90,000 miles (in biz of course), and back from SGN in August for 103,500 while talking to the Plat line about the very bad connection at CDG. But what a pain....

This made me realise another flaw in the booking engine for award tickets.

"Multi-destination" option only allows to fly back to where you departed from (for example LYS/BKK//SGN/LYS), where with paid tickets one can fly back to another city (for example LYS/BKK//SGN/MRS).
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 22, 2018 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
This made me realise another flaw in the booking engine for award tickets.

"Multi-destination" option only allows to fly back to where you departed from (for example LYS/BKK//SGN/LYS), where with paid tickets one can fly back to another city (for example LYS/BKK//SGN/MRS).
I'm pretty sure the Flying Blue booking tool always required you to fly back to the same origin...(the clue is the name- Multi Destination...) so this isn't something that changed as part of the new FB
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm pretty sure the Flying Blue booking tool always required you to fly back to the same origin...(the clue is the name- Multi Destination...) so this isn't something that changed as part of the new FB
I did not say it was new.

I said this experience made me aware of the issue.

Regarding​​​​ the meaning of multidestination, one could argue that the return leg has a different destination than the point of origin so the name would be correct as well.

This being said, the multidestination choice with paid tickets, allows a return to another airport than the one of origin. Same word but different modus operandi than in case of award tickets.

Why? Go figure...

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 29, 2018 at 8:49 am
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
I wanted to waste my miles to La Premiere (MOW-PAR-DXB) for 160K miles but the payment failed on the last date of the old scheme and I did not have time to follow up (I wanted to have a flex award which are now not available from what I understand). Now the price is weird 360K miles one way (was 160K)... On the other hand there are routes priced much better, so maybe as usual I shall look into this change as an opportunity

And as some mentioned its really stupid to see J awards more expensive than F on some days, hope they revise J pricing down rather than increase F cost,
I checked a simpler route CDG-DXB and it actually also prices at 350K miles one way while thee website shows 'from 160K'. Obviously given there are just 2 booking classes to book F awards to this is surely a bug. But since FB call center now cannot issue anything manually at all it will take ages to fix bugs like this...

And i confirmed with FB that at least upgrade pricing remains fixed. However, I have this probably requires standard award booking classes.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Meanwhile, I am still seeing outrageous mileage rates (like, up to 6 times more expensive than before) without any correlation whatsoever with ticket prices.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: Many
Same.

It is even more exasperating when you see AF awards available for Skyteam (and other) partners at the former regular price (O class).
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have never redeemed points for an Air France award. Is it as good as it gets to have to redeem 200K points for Premiere from FCO-CDG-LAX? I would like to fly AF first, but that is an eye watering amount of points.

If I take this plunge, should I go for an award on the A380 or the B777?

If I book the A380, it means a short connection at CDG and no ability to use the lounge. Am I missing anything?

If I book and I cancel at some point in the future, how much does it cost to redeposit my points?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have never redeemed points for an Air France award. Is it as good as it gets to have to redeem 200K points for Premiere from FCO-CDG-LAX? I would like to fly AF first, but that is an eye watering amount of points.

If I book the A380, it means a short connection at CDG and no ability to use the lounge. Am I missing anything?

If I book and I cancel at some point in the future, how much does it cost to redeposit my points?
It is not a bad deal as far as AF Premiere goes. But it is unclear if you can actually book it if you have no status on FB.

F seat on 77W is much better than on A380. Plus F lounge at CDG is really worth a couple of hours.

This might be a promotion from Italy so you have to check the conditions.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Avoid the A380 - 77W is far superior - and spend *at least* 3 hours on the lounge.
Don't eat too much on the lunge (a lot of the experience of F is food on the flight) but try appetizers/desserts and all the champagne you can stand ;-)
Then remember to book a massage, it's also part of the experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.