Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Solevita
I'm sure if you try to book those La Premiere tickets, you'll get a call from AF later saying you should have known the price was wrong and La Premiere is never cheap
Haha! It's funny how they said they wouldn't touch La P when it came to redemptions. Maybe they'll change it now that they notice business fares are more than first. I'm glad I pulled the trigger and blew all my miles on an upcoming La Premiere flight at the end of the month. It seems that they're almost worthless for other redemptions.
Zembla likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Seriously! The amount of miles is nuts...how can business be more than La Premiere?!
Because every seat can now be purchased for miles. That means that if the cabin is already almost sold out, the price in miles will be very high.

For your example - and my even more divergent example above yours - the La Premičre cabin is almost empty, so the lowest available price (200k) is still available. The business cabin is, however, pretty full, so all the lower-priced buckets (for miles) are gone.

Originally Posted by Solevita
I'm sure if you try to book those La Premiere tickets, you'll get a call from AF later saying you should have known the price was wrong and La Premiere is never cheap
No, you won't!

I finally decided to burn my miles...and rang FB to do so.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Haha! It's funny how they said they wouldn't touch La P when it came to redemptions. Maybe they'll change it now that they notice business fares are more than first. I'm glad I pulled the trigger and blew all my miles on an upcoming La Premiere flight at the end of the month. It seems that they're almost worthless for other redemptions.
Ummm...

once you book that first 200k seat, the next seat is charged at 350k.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Because every seat can now be purchased for miles. That means that if the cabin is already almost sold out, the price in miles will be very high.

For your example - and my even more divergent example above yours - the La Premičre cabin is almost empty, so the lowest available price (200k) is still available. The business cabin is, however, pretty full, so all the lower-priced buckets (for miles) are gone.
In my example the J cabin is empty.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bodory
In my example the J cabin is empty.
J9 C9 D9 I8 Z0 O0 does NOT mean the cabin is empty. It means that the cheap/discount business buckets are closed off. Hence, only expensive cash (and miles) buckets left to choose from!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:22 am

IFFWSG fare out of SIN is actually the cheapest business fare with AF.
Combined with 23 unassigned seats in the J cabin, it is empty, whatever you might think.

Now bear in mind that FB processes awards with a French PoS. Loads for the very same flight with a French PoS provide indeed only the highest fares. Maybe the reason though I don't think so.

Last edited by bodory; Jun 1, 2018 at 3:41 am
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
No, it's not as simple as this. Just like what others reported, I also get outrageous miles charges on flights which are almost completely empty still. I used to do a couple of PHC-CDG-YUL in J in the past. This used to cost up to 240000 miles. The cheapest I find now is well over 500000, also on far future flights which are still near-empty, including plenty availability of cheap Z fares.

Originally Posted by currentjer
It's more than 2x. It's like 4-5x for some. We surely need some way to let management know that this is a completely hostile move. What are our potential avenues?
I hope this will get a fix. If they don't fix this, then collecting miles is definitely no longer a reason for me to choose AF/KLM. In which case the easiest solution is: burn your miles and vote with your feet.

Last edited by Zembla; Jun 1, 2018 at 3:32 am
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Zembla
No, it's not as simple as this. Just like what others reported, I also get outrageous miles charges on flights which are almost completely empty still. I used to do a couple of PHC-CDG-YUL in J in the past. This used to cost up to 240000 miles. The cheapest I find now is well over 500000, also on far future flights which are still near-empty.
+1

100% of dates I have tested for SIN-CDG in a close or far future with empty flights in J are now much more expensive. Cheapest I found is this one:

Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

+1

100% of dates I have tested for SIN-CDG in a close or far future with empty flights in J are now much more expensive. Cheapest I found is this one:

What did you do to get put on AF's naughty list?
Attached Images   
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Zembla
I hope this will get a fix. If they don't fix this, then collecting miles is definitely no longer a reason for me to choose AF/KLM. In which case the easiest solution is: burn your miles and vote with your feet.
It would have been easier to burn your miles before yesterday...
I am glad to have spent 320k back in Feb this year.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:43 am

What did you do to get put on AF's naughty list?
Thanks!

Which date?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!

Which date?
Tomorrow!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
It would have been easier to burn your miles before yesterday...
I am glad to have spent 320k back in Feb this year.
I have spent about 700k over the past 12 months. I still have a little over a million though, which seem to have halved in value over night at best...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:04 am

Tomorrow!
P1 F1 J0 C0 D0 I0 Z0 O0 W1 S1 A0 Y5B5 M5 U5 K5 H4 L0 Q0 T3 E0 N0 R0 V0 X0 G0

Amazing!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Mwahahaha

irishguy28, Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.