Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Further changes: Origin and destination pricing as of June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: Many
Question

Another oddity:
- CDG-MRU starts as 32,500 for Y, 54,000 for W, 82,500 for J and 240,000 for P
- ORY-RUN starts as 29,000 for Y, 54,000 for W, 67,500 for J and 240,000 for P

Also needless to say there is no P on these routes (actually it is a CIO aircraft).

Go figure....

Last edited by bodory; Mar 14, 2018 at 4:34 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by AZ112
Thank you. Was the same question of mine a little bit before:
Indeed.
So we are getting a consensus
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I hope availability will become better as the miles stored are financially also a burned for KLM. So perhaps they hope people will start spending the miles!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Is this not like... discrimination towards members of the European Union??

Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
discrimination for direct flights / flight from hubs, which doesn't make me happy at all; living near AMS.

CDG pax seem to be discriminated in W though.

Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by jix
Intra asia on partner is pretty much catching up to other currencies now. 10k one way flights looks no more, I'm seeing doubled rate pretty much.
This is not good.
In the coming months (likely in May) I should be able to check the impact of this new system on the Intra Asia reward flights.

U!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory
Another oddity:
- CDG-MRU starts as 32,500 for Y, 54,000 for W, 82,500 for J and 240,000 for P
- ORY-RUN starts as 29,000 for Y, 54,000 for W, 67,500 for J and 240,000 for P

Also needless to say there is no P on these routes (actually it is a CIO aircraft).

Go figure....
not so odd as, for revenue tickets, MRU is more expensive than RUN.
For P, indeed.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

not so odd as, for revenue tickets, MRU is more expensive than RUN.

True indeed (albeit not for W where the cheapest ORY-RUN is roughly 100 EUR higher than the cheapest CDG-MRU). And consistent with TNR which is even higher.

What puzzles me is the inconsistency between the new award prices from Europe to North America, where basically the shortest the cheapest and these other cases such as RUN/MRU.

Also that question the prices of the Europe bound flights. Not speaking about RUN/MRU specifically but in general prices for CDG-XXX are totally different than XXX-CDG because they are different markets. And that is not reflected in the new award prices.

To sum-up: FB has now a powerful tool to change award prices at any moment (well, that is the purpose of dynamic pricing after all).

It would be useful for us to build a tracker of these minimum prices and see whether they change.

Last edited by bodory; Mar 14, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:21 am

- CDG-SGN starts as 36,000 for Y, 72,000 for W, 90,000 for J and 320,000 for P
- CDG-HAN starts as 46,000 for Y and 115,000 for J

Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Nice change for CUR/BON
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
discrimination for direct flights / flight from hubs, which doesn't make me happy at all; living near AMS.
but somehow logical when pricing orientation is connected to revenue ticket. revenue tickets are more expensive on direct flights than on connecting flights.
sill very weird.
Currently I cannot check any award pricing from NUE ...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
- CDG-SGN starts as 36,000 for Y, 72,000 for W, 90,000 for J and 320,000 for P
- CDG-HAN starts as 46,000 for Y and 115,000 for J

CDG-HAn is operated by VN. My guess that this is the partner award.

Classic (or minimum) awards are identical for X-CDg or CDG-X, but I guess from the blabla that dynamic pricing might be different. Who knows what will happen on one-ways.
And there might be a lot of trial and errors from AFKL but will not be easy for them to judge if their new pricing is "reasonable" or not. That is much easier to judge for their new upgrade pricing (like if it attracts a lot of pax or not).
Anyway, wait and see.So far their minimum awards are not fully unreasonable to me, even if there might be a few typos.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
but somehow logical when pricing orientation is connected to revenue ticket. revenue tickets are more expensive on direct flights than on connecting flights.
sill very weird.
Currently I cannot check any award pricing from NUE ...
Yes, the demand is higher, but then the cost is lower, so ideally this would cancel itself out :P

But yes, it is to be expected on revenue based redeption that hub tickets will end up more expensive.
On the other hand, hub fliers will "enjoy" higher earnings as well in a revenue based system, compared to the connecting members.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Is this not like... discrimination towards members of the European Union??

I don't think that the members of the European Union qualify to even have a FB account.

They certainly never fly!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:47 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm surprised by some of the changes for short haul. Using ATH as an example.

From AMS the business miles have gone up by 4K (49K one way!). This makes business almost 5 (!!) times more expensive than Economy, which goes against what other alliances are doing.

With *A (eg A3) Economy is 15K within Europe, and business is 25K...less than double the Y price. Its VERY surprising that FB increases the already ridiculous 45K to 49K one-way. And those are 'starting from..' prices!

This even means that there is virtually no difference in miles between AMS-ATH and various long-haul destinations, like AMS-CUR; while the first is a 3h flight on a B737 (with below average business product), and the second is a lie-flat product with 3 times longer flight time! In fact, ATH-AMS-CUR is only 5K more expensive than only ATH-AMS!

Another point I noticed is that, while the route is taken into account for the pricing - the direction is not. When flying business it is now actually cheaper to start your long-haul flight from an (European) outstation. ATH-JFK is about 4K miles less than AMS-JFK.
However while cash prices for ATH-AMS are much lower than AMS-ATH, that is not the case with awards. So the direction (or: POS pricing) is not being applied to awards, while they are to cash fares.

I'm foreseeing a lot of hidden city ticketing with awards in the future. When ATH-AMS in business costs 15K more miles than ATH-AMS-DUS, why wouldn't I book the second?
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Mar 17, 2018 at 10:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.