Go Show with EcoFlex and Connecting Flight

Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Go Show with EcoFlex and Connecting Flight

Hi! I've bought a connecting flight from FCO to ZRH through AMS and it's a flex H fare, and that's a KL ticket with KL flights.
I know EcoFlex allows Go-Show; I was wondering if it's possible to change the routing and take AF flights as well, through CDG instead of AMS.
The operator on Platinum Service Line wasn't sure about that - he said I might pay up a fee, but that's not how go-show works as far as I know, that would be a classic change of ticket that flex fares allow anyway.

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
The problem with changing airports is that the fee/tax structure changes.

So in the best case, there will need to be additional collection (or maybe return even!) on the fee difference between AMS and CDG.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
The problem with changing airports is that the fee/tax structure changes.

So in the best case, there will need to be additional collection (or maybe return even!) on the fee difference between AMS and CDG.
That makes sense and it wouldn't be a problem for me; when I try to change the flight in advance, in fact, AF flights require ~9 euros more when H is available.

What shocked me is that some people on the Platinum Service Line have no idea on that benefit on flex fares.
When pointing out this: https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/pla...ons_Europe.htm
On twitter they even told me that "taking an earlier or later flight on day of departure" means just that I can do a ticket change at any time (paying fare difference), which doesn't make any sense.
If I understood correctly the information I've found online, it is not really a "go show" / standby, despite what the fare description says (go show is explicit).
I've seen that at check-in time the app shows all options for the possible flights to be taken (and I guess that can be done also at the counter).

Am I correct?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:08 am

I'm not sure how it works exactly - the only time I had a flex ticket, I didn't even know it, and it was the first flight of the day anyway.

I do know that there is a lot of staff not being familiar with the procedure, and would try to have you change the ticket, however the correct procedure is to change it within checkin process.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'm not sure how it works exactly - the only time I had a flex ticket, I didn't even know it, and it was the first flight of the day anyway.

I do know that there is a lot of staff not being familiar with the procedure, and would try to have you change the ticket, however the correct procedure is to change it within checkin process.
Everyone, from Twitter to PSL still says that on day of departure, for go/after show, I will need to pay fare difference if there is no availability on H class.
I guess I'll discover it on day of departure
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Last time i tried a goshow, they indeed ask for 500 to get an earlier flight...on a flex ticket
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadavid
Last time i tried a goshow, they indeed ask for 500 to get an earlier flight...on a flex ticket
That's slightly misleading marketing...
Have you tried using the app, the website, or the kiosk? Same thing?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Ticketing desk as check in desk sent me there...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

That's totally absurd.
BA, for example, has a very different process - which makes more sense. See https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...horthaul-fares , though they do not seem to have a full fledged fare structure like AFKL.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:10 am

This isn't right, is it? The whole point is supposed to be you aren't reticketed, but rather accomodated on a different flight on space available basis.

I would try and complain to the airline, if I had any idea who would be responsible for these rules.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

I've got a mail from PSL today with the following explanation:

Go Show rule applies to single flights only. It is not applied to the bookings where there are connecting flights.
In case a passenger has a connection, it is not possible to benefit from Go Show. The change for connection flights is then counted as a regular date/flight change and customer would need to pay any fare difference.
But this confirms there is such thing of Go Show, at least with single, direct flights.
I'll see what happens with the app, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.