Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy upgrade on board - really ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Nice to see onboard upgrades to Business are (now) also possible. I had only heard of onboard upgrades from Economy to Economy Comfort - the usual price on AMS-EZE flights is 160 euros.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I flew CDG-CPT in December in W. Before we took off, the purser was moving around the Y and W cabins selling upgrades that he was processing with a hand-held device. Someone in the row ahead of me moved up to J and then someone from Y took his seat. I wasn't sure exactly what was going on at first until the man seated behind me asked the purser what he was doing and it was explained that he was selling upgrades. I have no idea what they were charging, by the time the man behind me inquired, J was already full.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by bodory
That is nice job to use the ACARS ^
Wow - indeed. Wouldn't even have thought that's possible.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
KLM in flight upgrades for sale

Hello, are transatlantic flights on KLM currently offering onboard paid or miles upgrades?

I am seeing plenty of availability in business but because my ticket has a transfer in Europe I am currently unable to pay for that one transatlantic segment upgrade.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You do realize that if you upgrade all you get is a better seat? You can forget about WBC service.

Johan
Thysk and offvoice like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by johan rebel
You do realize that if you upgrade all you get is a better seat? You can forget about WBC service.
Johan
Can't confirm that. Did an onboard upgrade (from an award ticket) on CTG-AMS for two and I received the usual WBC service incl. catering.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 4:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Can't confirm that. Did an onboard upgrade (from an award ticket) on CTG-AMS for two and I received the usual WBC service incl. catering.
I guess this upgrade was pre-corona time, correct?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Wow! During the current pandemic? Can you elaborate on that in this thread?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-...ired-back.html
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thysk
As far as I know, the only destination in Colombia currently served by KL is BOG, and that's freight only.

Johan
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Thysk
yes. didn't see the corona context
Old Sep 16, 2023, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do they still do this? Is Emirates the only other airline that also does this?
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do they still do this? Is Emirates the only other airline that also does this?
yes they still do it, I was approached and asked if I would be more comfortable in business class, here I thought I was getting a battleground upgrade with my Ultimate status but instead they wanted to sell me a 7h upgrade from PE to J for only 180k points 😁😁😁 I passed and so did the other people near me I saw them offer it to. They even offered one lady the chance saying she would be 14k negative after the upgrade

Not a big fan of this approach but hey I guess its good business for them
wuzziduzziman and maalloc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.