Points Hound

Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Points Hound

Hi guys,
So I’ve read some bad reviews with Points Hound even though it’s on the website has anyone actually had good experience with them?

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Yes i did , i can say few things about this site (if you have more questions feel free to ask)................
  1. Sometimes they run some boost-miles campaign during a period of time , for instance first stay +2000 miles , second stay +4000 and third stay +6000 miles . I havent seen such operations for a while , they made quite a lot of them in 2015 , The last i remember was in may 2017
  2. they are a part of points.com
  3. Usually you can find cheaper rooms than buying directly from hotels
  4. Since 2017 i noticed an increase of ''apartments/hotel'' , which are basic flats (or pieces of flats) , rented as room with all included . So not real service like in hotels , but its often cheap . You can often find them by booking or airbnb
  5. They have a strong network in france (normal cause a lot of FB members are french) , but they are developping in many countries , especially capitals and touristic cities) , so it depends on the city you can have a wide choice or nothing
  6. if you use them for business trips be sure that invoices will not be a pain in the a$$ because of accounting
  7. you login with your FB credentials
  8. sometimes the cheap places that earn lot of miles are sometimes far away from the city center
  9. most fares are non-refundable
  10. even if you have a status in Accor , Hilton or rlson , it will not be recognized , you cant enjoy the benefits or collect points
  11. depends on the property/owner/agreement , some rooms/flat will earn lot of miles , many will earn same basic amount
So basically its good if you use it for lot of business trips , if you plan some weekends away it can be useful to check cause prices are usually cheap and dont fluctuate that much.

I collected quite a good amount of miles from this website , especially when i cant go to Adagio/Mercure/Novotel and collect points with ClubAccor (and then transfer it to FB) .

However because of the future ''improvements'' of FB , i dont know if pointshound will give more miles or if rates will stay the same

Oh by the way , if you book a trip from AF website and right after it you book a stay in Accorhotels you will have a bonus of FB miles

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 13, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

How long do points get posted?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Imrahs Hq
How long do points get posted?

Usually less than 4 business days after the end of your stay
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
PointsHound are okay, though unless there is a nice promo (and there is none now) I'd rather use Kaligo.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by fifty_two
(...) Oh by the way , if you book a trip from AF website and right after it you book a stay in Accorhotels you will have a bonus of FB miles
Interesting. where is the rule/explanation on how to do that?

How related is it to PointsHound?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Interesting. where is the rule/explanation on how to do that?

How related is it to PointsHound?
It is not related to pointshound , however if you are a member of LCAH and FB you can get points/miles for both

When you book your next flight with AF , and '' in the same time / right after that '' (i dont remember which one is correct) , you book a stay in your destination with Accor via/by a special site/page , you will earn extra FB miles , in addition to your usual FB miles and LCAH points

So you end-up with more points for the same hotel by this FB/LCAH thing than pointshound , sometimes cheaper or similar price and all LCAH benefits will apply if possible
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
you book a stay in your destination with Accor via/by a special site/page

you book a stay in your destination with Accor via/by a special site/page , you will earn extra FB miles , in addition to your usual FB miles and LCAH points
Hello

Can you explain how to access this "special site/page".

Last edited by carnarvon; Apr 5, 2018 at 6:09 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
Shopformiles + booking

Hello. In some occasion Shopformiles + Booking brings more points than PointsHound or hôtel dedicated programs. It is a but complex: login to shopformiles then open a special Booking page but It worths doing the comparison (20miles per euro spent). Hope it helps
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LAURENTD
Hello. In some occasion Shopformiles + Booking brings more points than PointsHound or hôtel dedicated programs. It is a but complex: login to shopformiles then open a special Booking page but It worths doing the comparison (20miles per euro spent). Hope it helps
If you are talking about booking.com , as far as i remember its 1mile per euro spent

shopformiles can be nice however its only available for shops in france , as far as i know , later i guess they will find partners in other countries

Hello

Can you explain how to access this "special site/page".
here is the page and the link , everything is explained

https://www.airfrance.pl/PL/en/local...HotelAction.do

after your booking AF offers you to book hotel and car , then if you book by this channel you will have extra miles
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:28 am

(...) here is the page and the link , everything is explained

after your booking AF offers you to book hotel and car , then if you book by this channel you will have extra miles
It took me to AF Poland website and it said that I couldn't book anything. I clicked on the link for redirection and then found the hotel booking engine.

I am recognised as Gold at Accor without having to enter my Accor ID...

Is this linked to Shop for Miles?

Do you know if you still get the Le Club Acor Hotel points ?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
If you are talking about booking.com , as far as i remember its 1mile per euro spent

shopformiles can be nice however its only available for shops in france , as far as i know , later i guess they will find partners in other countries

here is the page and the link , everything is explained

i confirm it is Booking.com making Shopformiles an international site. Used it for an Hotel in Vietnam last month at a 20 Miles per euro ratio
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

It took me to AF Poland website
Elementary my dear Watson , now you know where i am based !!!

and it said that I couldn't book anything
whats the exact message ???

Keep in mind what i said previously , you need to have an active booking reference with airfrance and as far as i remember it suggest you to book something in city of destination . If not you will be redirected to the ''usual page'' for booking hotels

I clicked on the link for redirection and then found the hotel booking engine.
in case iyou have a booking reference opened in AF, you will be able to book by a special hidden URL , (something like flyingblue.accorhotels.com or accorhotels.flyingblue.com or accorhotels.airfrance.com) not available anywhere else as its a special one for this ''deal'' between AF/FB/LCAH

And this will show you the amount of extra FB miles you will receive ( 1 mile per 1 euro spent) in addition to the LCAH points

I am recognised as Gold at Accor without having to enter my Accor ID...
If you are meanwhile logged in accor hotels website on the same browser , then it is normal as this page is linked to accorhotels and/or flyingblue

If not maybe it found the info within the cookies of your browser , or somehow FB/LCAH are sharing infos

Is this linked to Shop for Miles?
The one i mentionned is not linked to Shop4Miles

Do you know if you still get the Le Club Acor Hotel points ?
If you are talking about Shop4Miles , then i cant answer

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 6, 2018 at 4:01 am
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:14 am

whats the exact message ???
The message is " Your reservation cannot be completed in this country, please click here, if you wish to make changes to your reservation. "

Trying again, I just ignored it and clicked on "Book your hotel". I took me to the hotel booking page.

Keep in mind what i said previously , you need to have an active booking reference with airfrance and as far as i remember it suggest you to book something in city of destination . If not you will be redirected to the ''usual page'' for booking hotels
I have one and could select a hotel. Prices were the same as on Accor website (including the missing LCAH member discount which you have to claim from the hotel after completion of the booking)

in case iyou have a booking reference opened in AF, you will be able to book by a special hidden URL , (something like flyingblue.accorhotels.com or accorhotels.flyingblue.com or accorhotels.airfrance.com) not available anywhere else as its a special one for this ''deal'' between AF/FB/LCAH

And this will show you the amount of extra FB miles you will receive ( 1 mile per 1 euro spent) in addition to the LCAH points
It took me to "https://airfrance.hotelandbook.com/store/index.html#/en/home"

If not maybe it found the info within the cookies of your browser , or somehow FB/LCAH are sharing infos
That is the case indeed.

the process is clearer to me now. Thank you very much.

Now I have one question.

Where is the catch? Do you have any idea?

There is no such thing as a free lunch, so why those extra miles if the rest remains unchanged (LCAH points & elite benefits etc)?

And how come is this is so little advertised?

If I had not booked already (prepaid rate; cannot cancel), I would have got close to 2000 miles for two rooms for one week. Definitely more than what the flight will generate.

Not bad, but I am concerned there are unknown aspects. Do you have a lot of experience whit this kind of booking? Once you have booked, do you see the booking in your LCAH profile?

Last edited by carnarvon; Apr 6, 2018 at 9:34 am
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

long story short

The message is " Your reservation cannot be completed in this country, please click here, if you wish to make changes to your reservation. "

Trying again, I just ignored it and clicked on "Book your hotel". I took me to the hotel booking page.
Change the URL to be the same as the country of residence in your profile

If ia!m correct in your case you are in france and url below should work

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local...HotelAction.do

I have one and could select a hotel. Prices were the same as on Accor website (including the missing LCAH member discount which you have to claim from the hotel after completion of the booking)
So its working or not ???

It took me to "https://airfrance.hotelandbook.com/store/index.html#/en/home"
Yes thats it , i forget the hotelandbook stuff

Now I have one question.

Where is the catch? Do you have any idea?

There is no such thing as a free lunch, so why those extra miles if the rest remains unchanged (LCAH points & elite benefits etc)?
Simple ! Its a partnership ! Both are winning ! AF can offer extra services to their customer for "free" , and Accor can catch the big base of AF customers without "extra investment"

However if you dont offer some incentives like lower prices then its not attractive for the AF customers . Then in this case the "candies" are miles that Accor will "pay" to AF cause customers made booking trough this channel

Is it clear now ???

And how come is this is so little advertised?
The same as error fares i guess

if all frequentflyers , which are often staying in hotels start to book by this way , its not going to be interesting for them . My guess is that this partnership is done also to attract lower profiles

Not bad, but I am concerned there are unknown aspects. Do you have a lot of experience whit this kind of booking? Once you have booked, do you see the booking in your LCAH profile?
One booking per week during couple of months , is it enough ?

If iam logged in AF and LCAH in the same time , the website will do the job and my booking will appear in Accor's system instantly , as you are booking through them (remember this page/link is managed by LCAH specially for AFKL)

In my case i couldnt get a lot of miles from it because of budget cap in my current company . In my previous job i could book mercure/novotel without any issues , as i just need a good reason to do so. In the end i reached status quite fast and converted a lot of LCAH miles to FB

Now as i spending more time in bizness trips with a limited and monitored budget, therefore i always book apparthotels like adagio or mercure cause its cheaper , they have kitchenettes and i can cook as i want

If I had not booked already (prepaid rate; cannot cancel), I would have got close to 2000 miles for two rooms for one week. Definitely more than what the flight will generate.?
The same with other partners . I often book flights/hotels/services by FB partners and end up with more miles than a regular AF/KL booking . For example 2000 miles for less than 200€ , and when you add up flights + stays + bonus its possible to enjoy the promo awards ..... if the selection of the month is not a joke as usual

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 7, 2018 at 12:34 pm Reason: ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.