Air France and KLM now participating in TSA Pre!

Old Sep 4, 18, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Gold (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
DL Booking, AF-operated, KTN?

Hello everybody.
So I booked a trip via DL (DL ticket with 006- prefix, DL marketed flights) but operated by AF ex-USA.
I made sure that the KTN was added on my DL reservation/PNR. Am I reasonable to assume that the KTN will automatically syncd in the AF-mirror PNR, or do I have to ask for it? If so, should I call the DL/AF/KLM US reservation desk number, and ask them to add the KTN in the AF mirror PNR directly (won’t they make a weird face because I didn’t provide the DL PNR instead)?
Thanks for your inputs!
-vinnyc
Old Sep 4, 18, 8:12 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
It *should* mirror. But call them to make sure. If they make weird faces, so what? You don’t see those weird faces over the phone anyway, and guess the weird faces that people like us are making when discovering that AF didn’t even manage to put a field for KTN on the website.

You could also try to pull your reservation up on the KL website. They have a field for KTN. If it shows there, you should be ok.
vinnyc likes this.
Old Sep 5, 18, 4:08 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue, SU Bonus
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
You could also try to pull your reservation up on the KL website. They have a field for KTN. If it shows there, you should be ok.
I don't think I've ever seen my KTN input on my PNR on Delta.com carry over to the KTN field on KLM.com. No idea what would happen if you just left the DL one but didn't put anything in the KLM field.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:07 am

DL Booking, AF-operated

Hello all,

So I followed San Gottardo’s advice and looked at my AF-mirror PNR (since I booked through DL and input my Flying Blue number, the reservation automatically showed up on AF and KLM with the mirror PNR code).
I went on the KLM website (mobile browser on my smartphone, not the desktop website), and after accessing my booking (via the AF/KLM PNR code), went into the API section. In there, surprise!!! The KTN was there. For your information, the KTN now shows up as a “Travel Document”. But the other fields for that travel doculent (such as “Exp. Date” and “Issuing Country”) are blank.

You can add several Travel Documents, and each time you add one, you have to choose from a (pretty) exhaustive list. I was for example able to add both my (French) passport, as well as my Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) in addition to the KTN and save everything. Not sure if those API will now sync with the original DL PNR (it should since the KTN did flow through the other way), but that’s irrelevant since I am checking in & flying with AF/KLM anyway and it is that side that counts.

Note: amazingly enough, afterwards I checked out of curiosity my booking on the iPhone KLM app, and the KTN also shows up in my reservation under the passenger information section, once again as a Travel Document! However, my passport and my green card are not there. See the screenshot.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
-vinnyc

Last edited by vinnyc; Sep 5, 18 at 5:13 am
Old Sep 5, 18, 7:30 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue, SU Bonus
The blank fields accompanying the KTN aren't surprising, considering Delta only asks for just the KTN. I wonder if adding anything in those fields with AF/KLM might mess something up, or if the data there would just be discarded and the KTN would go through successfully.
vinnyc likes this.
Old Sep 5, 18, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by vinnyc View Post
Hello all,

So I followed San Gottardo’s advice and looked at my AF-mirror PNR (since I booked through DL and input my Flying Blue number, the reservation automatically showed up on AF and KLM with the mirror PNR code).
I went on the KLM website (mobile browser on my smartphone, not the desktop website), and after accessing my booking (via the AF/KLM PNR code), went into the API section. In there, surprise!!! The KTN was there. For your information, the KTN now shows up as a “Travel Document”. But the other fields for that travel doculent (such as “Exp. Date” and “Issuing Country”) are blank.

You can add several Travel Documents, and each time you add one, you have to choose from a (pretty) exhaustive list. I was for example able to add both my (French) passport, as well as my Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) in addition to the KTN and save everything. Not sure if those API will now sync with the original DL PNR (it should since the KTN did flow through the other way), but that’s irrelevant since I am checking in & flying with AF/KLM anyway and it is that side that counts.

Note: amazingly enough, afterwards I checked out of curiosity my booking on the iPhone KLM app, and the KTN also shows up in my reservation under the passenger information section, once again as a Travel Document! However, my passport and my green card are not there. See the screenshot.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
-vinnyc

vinny,

I tried this and this is what shows up for me. I am booked through AF and I've verified that they do have my KTN on file. While this screenshot asks for passport info, the first screen shows my passport info?
Old Sep 5, 18, 3:19 pm

Hi Soullessginger:
I might be wrong, but it looks like you are in the wrong section. You should not be adding Travel Documents in the section My Profile (where you input your travel docs for future bookings, to pre-fill automatically), but you should access the API Section in your booking.
You need first to pull up your booking in My Trip (either by looking up with your Last Name + Record Locator, or, if your FB number has been input, the booking should appear automatically in My Trip).
There, you go to Passenger Details, and there go to the API Section.
In my case, I have all three (passport, green card and KTN) there. See screenshots from my iPhone (I accessed klm.us mobile website via iOS Safari).

Last edited by vinnyc; Sep 5, 18 at 3:24 pm
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:46 pm

That worked! I see my information. Thanks so much!
vinnyc likes this.
Old Sep 25, 18, 3:04 pm

Programs: Miles & More, AF/KLM Flying Blue, Finnair Plus
For what its worth, I was just able to enter my Known Traveller Number in my AF reservation on the AF website directly now.
Old Sep 26, 18, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Alaska Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Great! I confirm I also see this on my end, finally.