Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Do Platinum members have to wait until business class passengers get on board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do Platinum members have to wait until business class passengers get on board?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Mirk
The dream.
The closest experience I had is with AF on medium haul where the boarding is slow enough that I can just walk to the automatic gates and then not encounter any queue either at ID check or in the air bridge.
Same experience with A380 in Y when flying in the upper deck.
Maybe it sounds like a dream, but I don't see why it could not be implemented so that the SkyPriority line goes all the way from boarding gate to aircraft door? Now that would be really be the "red carpet" treatment Skyteam likes to talk about in its marketing materials.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Maybe it sounds like a dream, but I don't see why it could not be implemented so that the SkyPriority line goes all the way from boarding gate to aircraft door? Now that would be really be the "red carpet" treatment Skyteam likes to talk about in its marketing materials.
Because there's not enough room in most of the jetbridges to have two lines running in parallel.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Sounds like a very inefficient, frustrating and unsafe in case of emergency dream. Now that you mention it, it does sound like some of my bad dreams
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Just to bring this back,

Did zone 1 is only business, or Ulti (and some other) have zone 1 also ????
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Ulti and C2000/Skipper can board with business.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by caliform
Ulti and C2000/Skipper can board with business.
It is same than with Delta (you must show your FB/Skymiles cards) ?
Or
It is write on your Boarding pass (zone 1) ?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by brunos
It seems that many airlines are introducing a priority boarding favoring class of travel over status.
Personally, I am all for it.

Personally, I am not for that. It takes a lot of miles and money to gain platinum status.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
Personally, I am not for that. It takes a lot of miles and money to gain platinum status.
It also takes a lot of money to fly business or first. Money that you didn't pay with your economy ticket.

Also you stand to gain nothing from boarding with pax in a different cabin anyway and the plane isn't leaving any earlier either. Just wait 5 more minutes until the people who paid more are on.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Just to bring this back,

Did zone 1 is only business, or Ulti (and some other) have zone 1 also ????
As far as I know, Ultimate passengers are entitled for pre-boarding (so formally before Zone 1), but as many other Ultimate benefits it is applied in an inconsistent way.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
It is same than with Delta (you must show your FB/Skymiles cards) ?
Or
It is write on your Boarding pass (zone 1) ?
Zone is written on the BP.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by CyBeR
It also takes a lot of money to fly business or first. Money that you didn't pay with your economy ticket.

Also you stand to gain nothing from boarding with pax in a different cabin anyway and the plane isn't leaving any earlier either. Just wait 5 more minutes until the people who paid more are on.
Hey why are you assuming I paid Y? I pay full J or F normally. How insulting of you. You also show a huge attitude for all about you first which you can shove. Didn't anyone teach you that you aren't better than anyone else?

Last edited by Lakeviewsteve; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:01 pm Reason: grammar.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:03 pm

Hey why are you assuming I paid Y? I pay full J or F normally.
Then you don't have a problem.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hey why are you assuming I paid Y? I pay full J or F normally. How insulting of you. .... Didn't anyone teach you that you aren't better than anyone else?
lol
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Didn't anyone teach you that you aren't better than anyone else?
I certainly prefer when Y "DYKWIA wanna-be J/F" plebs boards after business / domestic first
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I am for it.

Sometimes on oneworld I board a 747 where every man and his dog has priority boarding. Great, but if I’m in F, or deliberately boarded at the back of J, it’s a little bit annoying to be waiting in a priority queue of 300 people. And if I bought a dirt cheap Y ticket, I don’t see why I should be in the way of a person like you who bought a full fare F ticket.

Personally I would sort by cabin then by status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.