AF codeshare on Etihad

Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
AF codeshare on Etihad

Looking for AF flights in Y to KTM there is only one code share with Etihad via AUH. What about ST elite + on these flights (EY is not ST) regarding lounges and Sky priority?
Merci

Last edited by delanotre; Jan 13, 2018 at 8:24 am
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

I just phoned to the Plat line and they say "no" except if you are in J...
AF fare is ~ 20% more expensive than EY on same flights.
So, the difference is only for crediting miles.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The answer they gave you is correct, unfortunately. Code-share outside the alliance is always complicated for Elite+ benefits.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
But some FB Platinum benefits might apply if the flight is coded AF or KL, like lounge access.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
But some FB Platinum benefits might apply if the flight is coded AF or KL, like lounge access.
Really? You get access to EY lounge?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

My 4 flights are AF coded on EY but nothing to wait as FB Platinum, says AF.
Have you some counterexamples?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
I remember several reports on this forum for the same route and there was no lounge access even if AF coded. When it comes to code-share outside the alliance, there is nothing automatic and it all comes to the agreement signed between the partners or to the agreements AF may have signed with some local operators. For instance, on medium-haul, AF Elite+ pax flying Y on AF-coded tickets have lounge access when flying to/from HEL on AY and in VIE when flying on OS. But, with EY, I think theres nothing even in CDG.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Indeed, as EY is entirely outside Skyteam, and is not a Flying Blue partner, there is absolutely no question of AF elites having access to lounges when travelling on AF-coded EY-operated flights.

There may be one or two places where there is some other agreement in place - I don't know, but perhaps AF elites travelling on AF-coded flights from CDG have access to the Etihad lounge - but you should never expect your Flying Blue status to get you into a non-Skyteam lounge, except in those cases where an exceptional agreement is in place.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you Goldorak and irishguy28. I wait nothing but I ask also to EtihadHelp Company Representative, Etihad on FT forum to know if something is coming.
I will post his/her answer.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would warn you that the responses from the various staff that use the EtihadHelp handle frequently do not address the question asked, and often just request you to send your query to an email address.

Even if you were to get a competent answer from them, it would be no different than the responses you have got here - I wouldn't expect a thorough and rigorous listing of locations where an FB elite on an AF-codeshare can have access to EY lounges (even assuming that this is even possible).
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by brunos
I don't know for EY, hence the "might" in my reply, based on what I know has been explained by Goldorak: when flying to HEL or VIE (and also RIX and TLL to my understanding) on AF tickets, you get lounge access although Finnair and Austrian are members of competing alliances and Air Baltic is not aligned. Then for the EY code share, I have not experienced it myself.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

@delanotre : you should try and please report here
In CDG, if you manage to have an AF BP with the SkyP mention, you have a good chance to have Accs N1/SkyP access for immigration and security. Indeed, several Skyteam airlines are departing from 2C and the PAF/PIF are now common between 2A and 2C (I believe EY in in 2A). Lounge access : you have nothing to loose to try, especially in CDG. As they say in a very famous French movie from the 70's: "vas-y fonce, oublie que t'as aucune chance. On ne sait jamais sur un malentendu a peut marcher*"

* les bronzs font du ski
ranskis, Mirk and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Goldorak
@delanotre : you should try and please report here
In CDG, if you manage to have an AF BP with the SkyP mention, you have a good chance to have Accs N1/SkyP access for immigration and security. Indeed, several Skyteam airlines are departing from 2C and the PAF/PIF are now common between 2A and 2C (I believe EY in in 2A). Lounge access : you have nothing to loose to try, especially in CDG. As they say in a very famous French movie from the 70's: "vas-y fonce, oublie que t'as aucune chance. On ne sait jamais sur un malentendu a peut marcher*" * les bronzs font du ski
Il faut conclure!

Etihadhelp writes: Unfortunately Air France frequent flyer don't have benefits on our flights. We hope this helps. *Isi

With an AF coded flight, bought on AF, you think I can go, as usual, to AF/ST+ check-in, if exists, in 2C?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delanotre
With an AF coded flight, bought on AF, you think I can go, as usual, to AF/ST+ check-in, if exists, in 2C?
No! Not at all!

You must check in with the operating carrier, i.e. Etihad.

Note that if you are travelling in Economy, you will have to use the regular Etihad economy check-in line. Flying Blue status won't allow you to use Eithad Business/Priority check in lines. (Though if you want to brazen it out and try, go ahead - it may work - but you have no right to expect it to work).

(EDIT: It seems that the only Skyteam members to deapart Saudia and Aeroflot depart from T2C; so I really doubt that Etihad would have subcontracted their checkin to any Skyteam entity there)

Last edited by irishguy28; Jan 16, 2018 at 3:23 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Merci.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.