Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Using Flying Blue for Points/Travel between Brasil/USA on AF's partners (Gol/DL?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Flying Blue for Points/Travel between Brasil/USA on AF's partners (Gol/DL?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

The previous decade, I used to solely fly AF exclusively in J across the pond. However, I did so through Delta prior to its program debasing into SkyPesos. I then became a serious UA flyer and am now more of an AS/UA free agent. Currently, we are looking at options in E for travel between Brasil and USA using AF's partners using Flying Blue (which I assume would be GOL/DL/Copa). We have significant points with Chase Ink, and I see that AF is a partner.

My experience with UA using MP was pretty good with typically ample seats, E+ availability, no fuel surcharges, and more. However, I am noticing less saver awards and may want to expand my horizons. Can anyone discuss whether someone with no AF status (I would have to start a new AF account) has access to UA's analog saver seats, availability and value in general, whether there are fuel surcharges, and their experience in general.

TIA

Last edited by dcpdxtrans; Dec 22, 2017 at 7:19 am Reason: Pointed out that I would have to start new AF account
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:50 am

You don't need to have any miles to search for availability online, or to call FB and enquire about availability around your intended travel dates.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
You don't need to have any miles to search for availability online, or to call FB and enquire about availability around your intended travel dates.
You were correct. I called. Not only did they have availability, we scored seats in J for less miles and cost than what it would be for a standard award on UA in E!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

AF uses a 4 digit security code--what are they stuck in the 90s??!!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
Do you mean FB PIN?

Change your 4 digit PIN and you will be asked to create a 6 digit PIN.

They moved to the 00's.

Last edited by carnarvon; Dec 22, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
Even so, your account is locked after 3 attempts to login with the wrong PIN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.