Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Klm award ticket value

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Klm award ticket value

Hi guys first post so please be gentle....

I have just booked an award ticket for next September for myself and my wife, I want to see what you guys think for value for money so to speak.

leaving leeds via Amsterdam to sanfransico business and the same route home - I ha e paid £850 UK pounds and 250000 air miles total...

your thoughts please.
Paul
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tonic27
Hi guys first post so please be gentle....

I have just booked an award ticket for next September for myself and my wife, I want to see what you guys think for value for money so to speak.

leaving leeds via Amsterdam to sanfransico business and the same route home - I ha e paid £850 UK pounds and 250000 air miles total...

your thoughts please.
Paul
its the best you can get! (Excluding promo awards which are likely never J to SFO).

i think it’s a good find to get 2 people in J to SFO
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
If the price is for two tickets, that is a good deal.
Leeds is not served by many international airlines, so prices tend to be high from there.
September 2018 is far away, so we have little idea about what fares will be then.

LBA-SFO 125,000 miles per ticket is their cheapest classic award, so that's good. But the cash part is high.
Let's say that you could buy a cheap J ticket at GBP3,000 (6,000 for two). That values your miles at about £0.02 which is good. However remember that you might have little flexibility in changing dates. Also connections in AMS might not be good.

But I agree that it is a good find.

Last edited by brunos; Nov 13, 2017 at 3:35 am
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
If the price is for two tickets, that is a good deal.
Leeds is not served by many international airlines, so prices tend to be high from there.
September 2018 is far away, so we have little idea about what fares will be then.

LBA-SFO 125,000 miles per ticket is their cheapest classic award, so that's good. But the cash part is high.
Let's say that you could buy a cheap J ticket at GBP3,000 (6,000 for two). That values your miles at about £However remember that you might have little flexibility in changing dates. Also connections in AMS might not be good.

But I agree that it is a good find.
yes it's for two tickets
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:13 pm

Regular fare for that appears to be about 2800 GBP per ticket so I'd say you did pretty ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.