Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage requirement increased for CDG-SXM?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Mileage requirement increased for CDG-SXM?

Has AF increased Business award prices on this route from 62.500 to 75.000? I can't seem to find any day less than 75k....
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don't think they really increased the number of miles needed but remember that award redemption has become a dynamic offering for a while now. I believe what you see is just a consequence of less flights and less J seats available.
Indeed, the AF non-stop flights to SXM are still suspended for an unlimited period (with a few exceptions for special flights around Christmas and new year times) and are replaced by one weekly new AF short-haul flight (A320) from PTP in connection with the ORY service. There are also some code-sharing with Air Antilles from PTP to SFG (Grand Case airport on the French side of the island). ORY-FDF being served with a COI 77W with only 14J seats, it's not surprising that they request more miles in a dynamic pricing context than with the A343 to SXM with about 30 J seats.

And on the KL side, the service operates via CUR and only twice a week and with the smallest long-haul module they have : the A332. So clearly less redemption options in J.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
This is normal per old rules, J classic award prices are 62500 or 75000.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't think they really increased the number of miles needed but remember that award redemption has become a dynamic offering for a while now. I believe what you see is just a consequence of less flights and less J seats available.
Indeed, the AF non-stop flights to SXM are still suspended for an unlimited period (with a few exceptions for special flights around Christmas and new year times) and are replaced by one weekly new AF short-haul flight (A320) from PTP in connection with the ORY service.
Makes sense. I am actually looking for November of next year- they do show the nonstop flight but at that higher price.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Has AF increased Business award prices on this route from 62.500 to 75.000? I can't seem to find any day less than 75k....
Just wait until full dynamic pricing comes into play in Q3 2018!!!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Just wait until full dynamic pricing comes into play in Q3 2018!!!
If you take a look at November of next year it looks like it's been rolled out.......
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I had a promo reward for SXM-WAW for September 9, but Irma hit.. I still can't rebook it for ANY date in DEcember - they just refused as "there is no availability" on any date, even though they still have seat for sale on KL flights..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.