Wiki Posts
Search

JOON & SkyTeam FF Programmes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
JOON & SkyTeam FF Programmes

I have a return CDG-TXL flight in December which I now see will not be AF metal, but JOON.

Despite trawling the internet and sending AF an enquiring message (no reply), anyone here know if JOON flights will be considered like any other AF flight as regards accumulating points and qualifying flights for MilleMiglia members like me (and other SkyTeam programmes)?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I would tend to say yes, as for the moment, all Joon flights are exclusively marketed as AF flights in a kind of franchise agreement and not as code share. So it’s like the CDG-DUB flights operated by WX which are under AF franchise and not marketed under WX code. This could change if, in the future, if the flights are also marketed under JN code.
But, of course, we can expect some problems with some partners. At least DL has made it very clear that JN flights are eligible for Skymiles accrual (see at the bottom screenshot below). I don’t know for other Skyteam partners.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 13, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SQ Silver, Marriott Plat, Hotels.com Gold
Yes they are! I confirmed with Delta and reported some more details in this thread: AF Changed my Ticket to Joon... MQM Earning

Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
Hello,

I just learned that PRG will switch from AF to Joon on 31.3.2019, just at the time when I will reach the STE+ level...
As I understood, SkyPrio / lounge and all Af perk apply even the Miles accrual chart, even the same fare policy (49 EUR for Mini fare...).
Still, as funny it can sounds, are they really considering to skip the included Medium haul on-board food AF clients used to have and replace it by a BoB offer, even for STE+?

Are they at least upgrades for STE+ ? Not sure that the "Millenials" targeted are frequents flyers, so will J be empty?

Thanks

Last edited by catsniper75; Sep 27, 2018 at 9:17 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: FB Plat
1) Apparently yes. We had no previous reports on medium-haul Joon flights giving free food to STE+.

2) It is safe to assume that upgrades on Joon flights will work the same as in Air France flights: only when Y is oversold.
catsniper75 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
I can't help but cringing about the whole "Joon" idea and name. But then again, I'm 2 years too old to classify as a "Millennial", so I'm not the target audience anyways ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.