Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

KL Marketed, GA Operated: No way to do seat selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL Marketed, GA Operated: No way to do seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Keter
Did you get VN Sabre confirmation code for a VN operated but AF marketed flight?

If your itinerary is like NTE-AF-CDG-AF(Op by VN)-SGN-VN-DAD then you will have 2 different Sabre codes for VN - one for SGN-DAD (and CDG-SGN with AF code) and ANOTHER one for CDG-SGN as a VN coded flight [this the operating carrier booking that will allow to select seats via VN].

BOTH above codes will be different from Air France confirmation code in Amadeus.

The issue with Air France or Amadeus is that for AF operated and another airline marketed flights its impossible to get Amadeus operating carrier booking reference. At least i am still struggling to.
None of the 2 airlines can do something. A wonderful example of alliance and JV partner collaboration
AF cannot assign a seat because VN does not want to give them access to their seat map in advance (for AF-coded tickets) and VN says hey cannot do it either because AF controls the ticket until it goes to airport control one or 2 days before the flight.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
None of the 2 airlines can do something. A wonderful example of alliance and JV partner collaboration
AF cannot assign a seat because VN does not want to give them access to their seat map in advance (for AF-coded tickets) and VN says hey cannot do it either because AF controls the ticket until it goes to airport control one or 2 days before the flight.
OK but did you get the 2 Sabre codes (or just ONE if you dont have VN coded and operated at the same time)? This is the starting point.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
OK but did you get the 2 Sabre codes (or just ONE if you dont have VN coded and operated at the same time)? This is the starting point.
No. AF says they do not see it. And VN did not give to me too arguing this was not the problem.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:49 am

No. AF says they do not see it. And VN did not give to me too arguing this was not the problem.
Try to get that from VN (AF can see that but they are lazy also some agenst use web system, same as AF website that's really a shame).

If you have both VN coded and operated flights and VN operated AF marketed tell you have a flight number, date and name [for AF marketed flight, but you need a real VN flight number] and you need a confirmation code. Then try VN website to select the seats.

Unless you have a booking class that does not permit seat selection in advance this shall help.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Try to get that from VN (AF can see that but they are lazy also some agenst use web system, same as AF website that's really a shame).

If you have both VN coded and operated flights and VN operated AF marketed tell you have a flight number, date and name [for AF marketed flight, but you need a real VN flight number] and you need a confirmation code. Then try VN website to select the seats.

Unless you have a booking class that does not permit seat selection in advance this shall help.
I sincerely appreciate your help
I stopped at a VN agency downtown Hanoi (the main one) and they could not help. And I have no VN-coded and operated flights : all AF-coded/VN-operated.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:46 am

I sincerely appreciate your help
I stopped at a VN agency downtown Hanoi (the main one) and they could not help. And I have no VN-coded and operated flights : all AF-coded/VN-operated.
Some agents are lazy, some are not professional, some are unfortunately both. No need to be like them. No harm in trying.

When you call VN ask for the booking class in VN operating booking and to which fare type it maps to - as I said not all VN fares allow ASR. If you class/ fare is not eligible for ASR then this is not a code share issue.

Last edited by Keter; Nov 12, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by MRC
Not sure if this applicable in this case but this is how I select seats on GA flights bought on AFKL websites.
Go to www.garuda-indonesia.com, choose english language.
On the right hand tabs choose 'my trip'. Fill out booking code and last name (usually last name in lower case only). A new page appears, click on 'manage my booking' and click on the pull down menu on 'additional services''. A new page appears, click on 'seats' and select your seats. click on confirm to close.
Were your flights AF or GA marketed? If GA marketed (and operated obviously in this case) then this is not relevant indeed. Otherwise, could be a useful data point.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:07 am

Off the calls with AF Flying Blue and AF sales department. I got a feeling now that despite the techniical possibility AF is doing this on purpose - they simply do not want to let people select seats on AF operated another airline marketed flights where seat maps access is not available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.