Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Program Change? (Level Miles Requirements)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Another Program Change? (Level Miles Requirements)

Apologies if I missed it in other other thread (talking about new miles earning) but have there been any reports of changes to the Level Miles required for different status levels? I'm currently Platinum and trying to plan my travel for the end of the year. Logged in today to check my Level Miles balance. Previously there was always an indication of my current level miles earned with a meter showing how close I was to Platinum. Being Amsterdam based this target was always set at 70,000. Today, target shows 100,000 level miles. Segments target still shows 60.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:36 am

It's just how the website displays them once you get over a certain threshold (maybe 50K?), the requirement for maintaining Plat have not changed, and once you cross 70K you will see they will show that any excess miles will roll over to next year.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Indeed...mine now goes to the level of 150,000 Level miles. I guess it is a dynamic gauge thing which has to keep up with those frequent flyers...

correction: mine goes up to 200,000 level miles :O

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Oct 18, 2017 at 5:04 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Ok, good to know. Had a bit of a heart flutter! Am at 64K level miles and have about 10K level miles left to fly this year. Was NOT happy at the thought of the goalposts being moved.

Here's to waiting for the wild ride of changes next year.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Indeed...mine now goes to the level of 150,000 Level miles. I guess it is a dynamic gauge thing which has to keep up with those frequent flyers...

correction: mine goes up to 200,000 level miles :O

Cheers!
250,000 for me
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
what are you all talking about?

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...l_platinum.htm

70000 level miles (90000 for French residents)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.