Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Old Nov 6, 17, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
CDG-SIN: 280 EUR at check-in from Y(V) to W.
not too bad.
Old Nov 6, 17, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
CDG-SIN: 280 EUR at check-in from Y(V) to W.
Certainly more attractive than using 75k FB miles, which I was quoted three weeks before my departure next week. Will report what the offer upon check-in is.
Old Nov 6, 17, 5:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Now that they announced the new FB from 2018, I wonder how much relevance has the upgrade pricing to the new "dynamic pricing" for award tickets.
Old Nov 7, 17, 8:13 am

AMS-LUX from a Economy comfort seat in Y (T) to C offered for 99€, obviously did not take it.

Booked: 77 on an E175 with 88 seats. Load in J ended up being 4/8.

Last edited by ZKOKA; Nov 9, 17 at 4:55 am Reason: additional information on load
Old Nov 7, 17, 12:42 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
Now that they announced the new FB from 2018, I wonder how much relevance has the upgrade pricing to the new "dynamic pricing" for award tickets.
The worst thing is that with the new lower earning rates, this makes these dynamic upgrade a double whammy.
Combining all the new changes, this makes FB miles practically worthless - worst than the Venezuelan currency - which at least you can physically use to wipe the place which gets no sun...

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 17, 2:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Wrong Thread - Sorry

Last edited by Lewis42; Nov 8, 17 at 2:13 am Reason: put comment in the wrong thread...Doh!
Old Nov 7, 17, 6:23 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Lewis42 View Post
Some plus side to this... it may make awards to Asia cheaper?

Flights from WAW -> China are regularly less than £1000... whilst award tickets are 100k Miles...
Hmm, yes, but on WAW I guess it's cheap becuause they want to compete with LOT.

Of course when pricing award tickets, other airline competition is only marginally relevat, as opposed to when pricing cash tickets...
Old Nov 8, 17, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
139 Euros for CDG-LHR Y to J
It’s getting worse : €249 for LHR-CDG
Old Nov 8, 17, 1:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Had an offer yesterday from AMS to NWI for €49 (50% offer). Which I did not take.

I had a an offer from AMS to LAX €400 and 25000miles. I took it (as I needed the sleep...) but 2 months later the miles are still not deducted.

Back from LAX to AMS I had a $389 offer and 25000 miles. Those miles where deducted straight out of the account.
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:11 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer View Post
Had an offer yesterday from AMS to NWI for €49 (50% offer). Which I did not take.

I had a an offer from AMS to LAX €400 and 25000miles. I took it (as I needed the sleep...) but 2 months later the miles are still not deducted.

Back from LAX to AMS I had a $389 offer and 25000 miles. Those miles where deducted straight out of the account.
I had this once a couple year back. If they didn't take the miles out of your account directly after, it almost certainly will not be done later. Somebody (an actual person) would have to discover the fault and manually correct it...
Old Nov 8, 17, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
I had this once a couple year back. If they didn't take the miles out of your account directly after, it almost certainly will not be done later. Somebody (an actual person) would have to discover the fault and manually correct it...
I think it depends on how the upgrade is processed, sometimes it is done 'online' and sometime 'offline' (i.e. you fill up a form with all the details), on the latter it can take few days or more for the miles to be deducted, or there is always a chance the form gets lost
Old Nov 11, 17, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Another price point - 589 Euros to upgrade to Premium Economy yesterday, CDG-BOS. Offered at online check-in.
Old Nov 11, 17, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by alanstar View Post
Another price point - 589 Euros to upgrade to Premium Economy yesterday, CDG-BOS. Offered at online check-in.
from which Eco booking class ?
Old Nov 12, 17, 5:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
from which Eco booking class ?
From V-class economy.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 12, 17, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

From V-class economy.
Expensive. For me it looks like a fare adjustment to fly PE and not the spirit of a paid upgrade which should be max 300 Euros IMO for a route like CDG-BOS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: