Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Old Mar 22, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingDeeps
Hi, just paid for a upg during online check in from pbm to ams..... will I get the business allowance? As my bp states, 23....
yes
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:16 am

Does anyone know if you can do a paid upgrade for a companion at OLCI without them knowing what you paid? Flying business Z with my mom in August DFW>CDG>JFK>DFW. Would like move to P for CDG>DFW if seats are open but she will flip out over the cost. If I wait until we get to the airport, I'm afraid someone may have already snagged the seats.

BTW, the website is glitchy today. It's trying to sell me La Premire r/t non-stop DFW>CDG>DFW on an A330, which doesn't exist. Asking for USD 18,570.63
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by MsEllie
Does anyone know if you can do a paid upgrade for a companion at OLCI without them knowing what you paid? Flying business Z with my mom in August DFW>CDG>JFK>DFW. Would like move to P for CDG>DFW if seats are open but she will flip out over the cost. If I wait until we get to the airport, I'm afraid someone may have already snagged the seats.

BTW, the website is glitchy today. It's trying to sell me La Premire r/t non-stop DFW>CDG>DFW on an A330, which doesn't exist. Asking for USD 18,570.63
You can not upgrade from Z fare to P. Only with C, D and J fares. Unless you change the fare bucket which is very costly and then pay for P extra. That option is only theoretical to me.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BobTL
You can not upgrade from Z fare to P. Only with C, D and J fares. Unless you change the fare bucket which is very costly and then pay for P extra. That option is only theoretical to me.
I think in the past we've seen people in Z, O or I class being offered paid upgrade. J, C, D is strictly for miles upgrade, but cash upgrade might pop up.
MsEllie likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
I think in the past we've seen people in Z, O or I class being offered paid upgrade. J, C, D is strictly for miles upgrade, but cash upgrade might pop up.
yes upon check in. But not prior.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
But, in any case, there is no P to DFW.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But, in any case, there is no P to DFW.
Thank you. I know P options are limited for US cities. I'm looking at the CDG>JFK leg for DFW>CDG>JFK>DFW. Just in case a paid upgrade became available at OLCI, I wanted to grab it without my traveling companion seeing the cost. I didn't know if that was possible.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MsEllie
Thank you. I know P options are limited for US cities. I'm looking at the CDG>JFK leg for DFW>CDG>JFK>DFW. Just in case a paid upgrade became available at OLCI, I wanted to grab it without my traveling companion seeing the cost. I didn't know if that was possible.
it's possible if you enter the "correct" email address during the process.
MsEllie likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 3:05 pm

Today's KL692, a friend of mine is flying. Based on Y map in KL app the cabin is full except a few window seats, biz is with only 5 or 6 seats occupied.

CZK 13k is about 478 EUR
Old May 11, 2020, 2:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by 747jetter
CZK 13k is about 478 EUR
Hope your friend did not take up the offer...seems like a bad return of value especially in current times where you are not getting their "delicious cuisine" as indicated. I can understand if it was taken due to the (social distancing) space.
Although I am surprised that Y was full - was this the actual situation if your friend have flown?

Cheers!
Old May 11, 2020, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hope your friend did not take up the offer...seems like a bad return of value especially in current times where you are not getting their "delicious cuisine" as indicated. I can understand if it was taken due to the (social distancing) space.
Although I am surprised that Y was full - was this the actual situation if your friend have flown?

Cheers!
I was managing the ticket and didn't even tell her about existing offer. Personally I wouldn't take it either these days. The cabin per map was full however the flight wasn't full at all and social distancing applied (nobody next to her, only families in pair could sit together, snack on seat).
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: FB Gold
30k miles to upgrade PE -> J for the ATL-CDG flight in August. Done by simply managing the rsa on the AF website.

There was also availability westbound as well also for 30k but i could only select one leg in the menu so I opted for the red-eye.

So +15% value for my voucher, then an upgrade to J on the A350. Pretty sweet system AF has got.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
30k miles to upgrade PE -> J for the ATL-CDG flight in August. Done by simply managing the rsa on the AF website.

There was also availability westbound as well also for 30k but i could only select one leg in the menu so I opted for the red-eye.

So +15% value for my voucher, then an upgrade to J on the A350. Pretty sweet system AF has got.
Good for you. I was able to upgrade a CDG-JFK for 30k from PE to J a few days ago, but I had to call, the manage my booking page kept telling there was no availability despite O showing up on Expertflyer. No O visible anymore, and I would love to upgrade the JFK-CDG... Trip planned for October.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:51 am

PRG-CDG 65€
CDG-FCO 100€ or 24500 miles.

Flights are tomorrow. Haven't taken it yet and I won't probably.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
CDG-TXL : Y-->J: 309

needless to say, I wont be enjoying J on that flight!

Last edited by offvoice; Jul 10, 2020 at 6:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.