Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Old Oct 16, 17, 3:13 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,813
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman View Post
In the past there used to be a pdf on their website called "Upgrade scheme AF/KL marketing flights", showing upgrade awards across fares.
Did anybody find an updated version, by any chance? I can only find the online calculator.
I suspect a PDF version won't exist, given the nature of this 'dynamic' policy.
Ditto is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 7:30 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,735
SIN-CDG tonight: 290 EUR + 40,000 miles from Y (V class) to J.
bodory is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 8:50 am
  #93  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,548
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
SIN-CDG tonight: 290 EUR + 40,000 miles from Y (V class) to J.
That’s a great deal, especially for such a long flight ! When I think about my €1580 from Y(V) to J for JFK-CDG
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 8:55 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Don't they typically value miles at €0.01 each for cash + miles upgrades? That would make it equivalent to €690.
CosmicGirl is offline  
Old Oct 23, 17, 10:27 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Posts: 939
CDG-JNB, Thursday 18Oct. My booking class was M. Got offered the following:
- Y to PE: €439 or 73.000 miles or a combination of both
- Y to J: €1229 or 112500 miles or a combinationof both.

Very expensive compared to the previously 25.000 or 32.000 from Y to J. I don't understand the new rules.
BA6948 is offline  
Old Oct 23, 17, 11:04 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,735
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
That’s a great deal, especially for such a long flight ! When I think about my €1580 from Y(V) to J for JFK-CDG
The flight was empty in J. Maybe the reason.
bodory is offline  
Old Oct 23, 17, 11:42 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DUS, BRU
Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB Plat.), LH MM, Iberia plus, HH & Bonvoy Gold, Chevalier de la zagte berm
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
CDG-JNB, Thursday 18Oct. My booking class was M. Got offered the following:
- Y to PE: €439 or 73.000 miles or a combination of both
- Y to J: €1229 or 112500 miles or a combinationof both.

Very expensive compared to the previously 25.000 or 32.000 from Y to J. I don't understand the new rules.
That's insane, really.
wuzziduzziman is offline  
Old Oct 24, 17, 12:15 am
  #98  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,548
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
The flight was empty in J. Maybe the reason.
as per the new rules (dynamic pricing), that would correspond rather to the opposite: the less seats available for upgrade, the more expensive it is.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 24, 17, 2:31 am
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,735
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
as per the new rules (dynamic pricing), that would correspond rather to the opposite: the less seats available for upgrade, the more expensive it is.


If the J cabin was empty, wouldn't that mean precisely that many seats were available for upgrade, hence the low price?
bodory is offline  
Old Oct 24, 17, 12:16 pm
  #100  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,548
Originally Posted by bodory View Post

If the J cabin was empty, wouldn't that mean precisely that many seats were available for upgrade, hence the low price?
So you think that 1580 euros was a low price for a paid upgrade from Y to J on a short sector like JFK-CDG ?
And J was not empty. When disembarking, I crossed the entire J cabin and based on what I saw (pillow, duvet, trash items left at each seat), I would say that 95% of J was occupied (A380).
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 24, 17, 8:12 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Asia
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
So you think that 1580 euros was a low price for a paid upgrade from Y to J on a short sector like JFK-CDG ?
And J was not empty. When disembarking, I crossed the entire J cabin and based on what I saw (pillow, duvet, trash items left at each seat), I would say that 95% of J was occupied (A380).
think what bodory was refering to when he said "was empty in J" was his flight "SIN-CDG tonight: 290 EUR + 40,000 miles from Y (V class) to J." , thus the great deal as you mentioned, and not your JFK-CDG flight.
natcin is offline  
Old Oct 24, 17, 8:50 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,735
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
So you think that 1580 euros was a low price for a paid upgrade from Y to J on a short sector like JFK-CDG ?
And J was not empty. When disembarking, I crossed the entire J cabin and based on what I saw (pillow, duvet, trash items left at each seat), I would say that 95% of J was occupied (A380).
I was referring to the SIN-CDG flight.


Sorry for being unclear.

Originally Posted by natcin View Post
think what bodory was refering to when he said "was empty in J" was his flight "SIN-CDG tonight: 290 EUR + 40,000 miles from Y (V class) to J." , thus the great deal as you mentioned, and not your JFK-CDG flight.
Exactly
bodory is offline  
Old Oct 25, 17, 12:26 am
  #103  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,548
Originally Posted by natcin View Post
think what bodory was refering to when he said "was empty in J" was his flight "SIN-CDG tonight: 290 EUR + 40,000 miles from Y (V class) to J." , thus the great deal as you mentioned, and not your JFK-CDG flight.
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
I was referring to the SIN-CDG flight.


Sorry for being unclear.



Exactly
ahhhh OK
sorry about that too. Everything is clear now. ^
@bodory : yes your flight had likely a low load in J
Goldorak is offline  
Old Oct 25, 17, 4:15 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: Flying Blue & IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz & Avis President's etc.
Posts: 15
Hi,

last year :

CDG-MIA Y(H) to J : 150€ + 25,000 miles
A friend had a Prime ticket (Y) for the same route, it was 540€ to upgrade her to J

Sam
voyage-platinum
Pasdawan is offline  
Old Oct 25, 17, 11:01 pm
  #105  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 77
I received an offer for jfk- CDG for $2000. I don’t have expert flyer so I don’t know availability.
Nolala is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: