Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
good price though
It was a last minute ticket costing more than 2k€ though (same day booking CDG-HKG, return 3 days after with HKG-CDG). I thought that I would be op-up in Premium Economy, at least on the onward journey where I was in standby, because Economy class was extremely oversold on both flights, but I didn't got anything, too bad they only count on FB status for upgrades...

Last edited by IstKong; Jan 6, 2020 at 2:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:46 am

499 is the same price I got for AMS-HKG, but from el cheap economy basic instead of full fare.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by offvoice
€569 (!) from Y (V class booking) to W CDG-NBO
Initially on 787.

IRROPS switch to 777 nonBEST. Upgrade is the same price to W, but I'm now offered an upgrade to J as well (in old 2/3/2 config) for EUR 949.

Notwithstanding the asking price, which is I think too high for an 8 hours flight, interesting to see that AF system dynamically opens more availability for paid UG.

Looking forward to seeing what the flight will look like when you replace last minute (STD - 20hours) a 276-seater by a 381 (potentially 105 empty seats assuming the flight was not overbooked) ! I still see available (as in I can select them) 11 J seats, 11W, & 145Y seats empty a few hours before checkin deadline

Last edited by offvoice; Jan 7, 2020 at 3:06 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
46000 miles for an upgrade from PE (booking class A) to J on PTY-CDG in a month's time. 787 route, so BEST cabin. I rarely make use of my pool of miles, currently little less than 500,000 so I decided to jump on it. Especially since it's a midweek flight and I'll be working the morning after arriving at my final destination.
The PE ticket was ridiculously cheap to begin with; 1,200 EUR for CPH-CDG-PTY return.
IstKong likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
500k miles ask itself to redeem for a P ticket
FlyEliteCaptain likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Talking

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
500k miles ask itself to redeem for a P ticket
The thought has crossed my mind, and more than once.
However, I keep a substantial share of miles for emergencies. My wife is from the Caribbean and some day more likely than not, we will need a last minute ticket (or two) due to death or serious illness in the immediate family or something like that.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
479 EUR for CDG-RBA Y to J !!!!
Still in recovery mode after the shock
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:45 pm

I wonder if that's like the glitch where at one point, KLM was offering PRG-AMS upgrade for 649 EUR
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Milkman
The thought has crossed my mind, and more than once.
However, I keep a substantial share of miles for emergencies. My wife is from the Caribbean and some day more likely than not, we will need a last minute ticket (or two) due to death or serious illness in the immediate family or something like that.
True although with dynamic pricing that will be outrageous cost in miles as well.
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: FB Gold
Speaking of outrageous, on my return flight IAD-CDG the week-end after New Years, the cost of upgrade during OLCI from W to J was 1 059€ or 58 300mls despite the seatmap showing 10 seats available. For a <7h flight.

Made my 30k upgrade redeption for the outbound flight seem like the bargain !
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Same price for the return and J is totally empty on the seat map at OLCI (4 rows)
fifty_two likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:48 pm

Same price for the return and J is totally empty on the seat map at OLCI (4 rows)
Have you had the opportunity to check what friends or colleagues travelling with you and with a lower FB Status have received as offer ?
I often noticed that as a top tier member, I very often received a customized price much higher than co-pax
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I wonder if that's like the glitch where at one point, KLM was offering PRG-AMS upgrade for 649 EUR
PRG flights tend to be both Y heavy and at times, quite full. I can see KL setting up the price if it would involve moving the curtain. In effect, you would be paying for some opups as well..
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
JFK-CDG Y to J EUR 1,780 at OLCI
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxymore
JFK-CDG Y to J EUR 1,780 at OLCI
Eeks indeed. You can get a return in business for a a few hundred Euros more if you plan ahead and are willing to take an indirect route.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.