Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gerbs
Received the offer for 2 pax from discount W to J at OLCI (T-30). Accepted it as seems reasonable value even though A330 angle flat.
not too bad indeed.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
A much better price for CDG-IAD from J to P : €1439. The similar offers I had in the past were always in the €2000-2500 range.

Same price for the return flight IAD-CDG
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:43 am

Same price for the return flight IAD-CDG
that's a fair price
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:53 am

"Exceptional offer" for a J (I booking class) to P, JNB-CDG, R 36,199 (~2000€), no thanks, flight is on the 777 with BEST cabin in J.
Would have been tempted if price was <1500€
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
"Exceptional offer" for a J (I booking class) to P, JNB-CDG, R 36,199 (~2000€), no thanks, flight is on the 777 with BEST cabin in J.
Would have been tempted if price was <1500€
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if one were to take such an offer, would include ground services at CDG if you were connecting to an onward journey?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if one were to take such an offer, would include ground services at CDG if you were connecting to an onward journey?
Yes, it would, as well as the ground service in JNB I believe.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

€379 for CDG-MAD or return
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: Many
€379 for CDG-MAD or return
What a joke! Specially when you compare with what LX and BA often propose to upgrade in Europe.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:04 pm
MRC

Programs: Flying Blue PE, Garuda FF Gold, Shangr-La Gold, KrisFlyer SQ
KL 810, KUL to AMS, in Economy Comfort on an award ticket. Crew member with Ipad offered upgrade to C for 128.000 miles. Declined. Three other pax were approached in my section, none took the offer.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: FB Gold
This is so outrageously expensive I can't even fathom why they even approach PAX with that.
wuzziduzziman and Macaron54 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by jejenone
This is so outrageously expensive I can't even fathom why they even approach PAX with that.

... and it defies the concept of last-minute upgrade. By being too greedy, revenue management & pricing deters PAXs from purchasing their way to the front of the aircraft, and the empty seats in J remain unoccupied. There must be a rationale, but I am evidently too dense to get it .
Adelphos, Wunk, Solevita and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
The rational is that they don't want pax to buy an inferior class and expect to buy their way up. So they give them ridiculous prices and pax who really want to travel upfront next time... just buy a reasonably priced business class ticket with competitors because the AFKL game is just becoming non sense with the new flying blue.
bodory likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: SkyTeam Plat, Bonvoy Plat
I'm booked for a CDG-IAH, in Premium Eco
I've been told by Flying Blue it would cost me 15,000 miles for an upgrade to J. This is fair and I'm ok to do it.
Same for return.
But no seat has been released yet for upgrade...

I won't be able to check-in on line and get an eventual offer, because I have a train leg to go to Paris first. So check-in will be only possible at the TGV' Air desk, on the day of departure. Which means all upgrades will already have been gone.

Why earning miles if you can't use them as you want / prefer ?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Greglem
I'm booked for a CDG-IAH, in Premium Eco
I've been told by Flying Blue it would cost me 15,000 miles for an upgrade to J. This is fair and I'm ok to do it.
Same for return.
But no seat has been released yet for upgrade...

I won't be able to check-in on line and get an eventual offer, because I have a train leg to go to Paris first. So check-in will be only possible at the TGV' Air desk, on the day of departure. Which means all upgrades will already have been gone.

Why earning miles if you can't use them as you want / prefer ?
Have you tried calling them to sort it out?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: SkyTeam Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by glennhaak
Have you tried calling them to sort it out?
Yes, several times already. But they always claim there is no possibility for upgrade....
I just went on their website and I could see they have still seats available in Business ( I did a booking, till the seat selection).
Is it because I am a silver member ? (but will turn Gold after the CDG-IAH).

I'm sure they keep their seats available till the last minute, so that they can sell them.
In case there is availability, you can probably upgrade at the airport. That's why I said it is a pity if you cannot use your miles as you want and when you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.