Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL, Eurostar Carte Blanche, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by newflyer27
you maybe be right and it is a mistype, V and F are very close...
No mistake... it was a Paris - Moscow flight
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Was offered 299 euros for a CPH-CDG upon check-in. Y full except a few seats, 3 seats empty in J. Noone bought into that offer, thank God...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CDGcommuter
No mistake... it was a Paris - Moscow flight
i then confirm my comment...what a joke!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Milkman
Was offered 299 euros for a CPH-CDG upon check-in. Y full except a few seats, 3 seats empty in J. Noone bought into that offer, thank God...
WOW ! Quite different from my 99€ on the same route last week.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
A few questions from a novice here

1) Is there a chart of how many Flying Blue miles it takes to upgrade a paid economy seat to business class sorted by fare class?
2) How do I know what fare class I am buying when I am on the Air France (or KLM) web site?

I am attempting to price out how many miles it would take to upgrade specific coach itineraries from JFK to AMS/CDG. I have miles in an AMEX MR account waiting to be transferred over today (before the bonus expires).
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Adelphos
A few questions from a novice here

1) Is there a chart of how many Flying Blue miles it takes to upgrade a paid economy seat to business class sorted by fare class?
2) How do I know what fare class I am buying when I am on the Air France (or KLM) web site?

I am attempting to price out how many miles it would take to upgrade specific coach itineraries from JFK to AMS/CDG. I have miles in an AMEX MR account waiting to be transferred over today (before the bonus expires).
1. It's variable since a few months, depends on your booking class and the inventory management system gods that stick a (mileage) price on it.
2. On KLM you should be able to click 'Show all ticket conditions' after selecting your flights, but this doesn't always seem to show on the site with economy tickets. Otherwise it will be mailed to you as a PDF once it's ticketed/bought.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CDG-GVA or return : 289 EUR or 59,000 miles
Note : this is from a Light (MiNi) ticket, but still...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
AMS-DUB today, flight cancelled a day in advance, rebooked on an earlier flight which was completely full ofc.
first time ever op-up
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:30 am

CDG-BLL free op-up

Got 139 euro or 34.500 miles offered at OLCI and politely declined the offer of course.
Very high amount especially because booking class was not low and the J product on an E170 is very underwhelming if you paid for it.
A free upgrade is always welcome of course and I have to say that I frequently get upgraded on this route. I’d say 50/50%.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Wunk
(...) first time ever op-up
Go rush and buy a lottery ticket.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Was that from a MiNi (light) ticket ? I am asking because I was proposed 289€ from GVA on such a ticket and I have just been proposed 249€ for LHR-CDG also on a MiNi ticket. While on “more expensive” tickets (I mean non-MiNi), the paid upgrades options for medium-haul are usually cheaper. And this would be logical in the context of dynamic pricing.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Was that from a MiNi (light) ticket ? I am asking because I was proposed 289€ from GVA on such a ticket and I have just been proposed 249€ for LHR-CDG also on a MiNi ticket. While on “more expensive” tickets (I mean non-MiNi), the paid upgrades options for medium-haul are usually cheaper. And this would be logical in the context of dynamic pricing.
I got an offer of €159 on CDG RBA (same on return) on a MiNi fare last weekend (very cheap ticket) so not sure about the logic they apply.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by newflyer27
I got an offer of €159 on CDG RBA (same on return) on a MiNi fare last weekend (very cheap ticket) so not sure about the logic they apply.
indeed, no logic ! It seems that it’s just chance...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Believe it or not, it was actually a fully flexible Y bucket fare, as part of a trip booked in PE onwards to Panama City in A bucket. (I managed to buy up to J on the long haul sector 5 days before departure for only 24,000 miles)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Believe it or not, it was actually a fully flexible Y bucket fare, as part of a trip booked in PE onwards to Panama City in A bucket. (I managed to buy up to J on the long haul sector 5 days before departure for only 24,000 miles)
I believe you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.