Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by newflyer27
a friend is taking ORY-RUN tomorrow, V class fare (1200€ ticket). upgrade offer at check in to W 579 € or 96 500 Miles!!! for J: 1650 € and wait for it.... 188 000 miles. is this a joke?? last year same day, the offer he got for business was 300 € (ticket price was 1400€, i don't have fare class). the worst part is that it may have been bought as the offer for J is not available anymore few hours after check in.

this morning, the same crazy offer for business popped out again.

Last edited by newflyer27; Dec 25, 2017 at 6:27 am
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is turning completely crazy...
And, on a satellite note, the number of miles requested for an upgrade is giving us an idea of what it will likely cost for a last minute award redemption in the new FB rules from April 1st, 2018.
+1

One better burn his FB miles quickly.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Another data point: Last week on my KIX-CDG flight, business was offered for (actually not too bad - but I still decided not to take it), 349 Euro. There was no mileage offer (at least not on the website) and since I was connecting from another flight, I only got to the gate about an hour to boarding and they did not want to process any more upgrades. I asked onboard the chef du cabin and she looked at her pad and was given a total of 55000 miles, which for me is crazy for my S subclass Prem Y ticket. I just lived it out in Prem.

Cheers!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum

Now this is a p!$$take. It would have been cheaper for me to pay the advertised price at the time of booking. This is NOT exceptional AF, get a grip. The P cabin is currently empty (or it was when I checked this morning) so there's a P cabin FA without work. Make it worth my while FFS.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rosensfole

Now this is a p!$$take. It would have been cheaper for me to pay the advertised price at the time of booking. This is NOT exceptional AF, get a grip. The P cabin is currently empty (or it was when I checked this morning) so there's a P cabin FA without work. Make it worth my while FFS.
and it's "starting at" !
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
and it's "starting at" !
That's right, when I checked later for mine, it jumped from $2737 to $2740 ... with those exorbant prices, even currency conversion rate changes become visible.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
That's right, when I checked later for mine, it jumped from $2737 to $2740 ... with those exorbant prices, even currency conversion rate changes become visible.
Heh, mine is now Ł2.30 cheaper. Hmmm... tempted. Nah.

Edit: moot anyway as the aircraft switched to 777-200ER. Hope nobody took up the offer!

Last edited by rosensfole; Dec 29, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Pretty good price for the distance and since I'm on a award ticket in Y. Would have taken it straight away if it wasn't for a NEV (btw, what are they still doing on NRT ???)

Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:46 am

I am very annoyed. I received an email yesterday morning at 05:16 offering me an exceptional upgrade on my flight tomorrow, MAN-BLR. By the time I had woken up, the offer had disappeared and the Plat line had no knowledge of it (or upgrade availability for that matter). I don't get to post whatever the (possibly ludicrous) W-J upgrade offer was, dammit. The price difference between W and J was about Ł300 for the return trip and I took that when I booked the flights, thinking I was unlikely to get anything as good as that as an upgrade offer...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by PeteM01
I am very annoyed. I received an email yesterday morning at 05:16 offering me an exceptional upgrade on my flight tomorrow, MAN-BLR. By the time I had woken up, the offer had disappeared and the Plat line had no knowledge of it (or upgrade availability for that matter). I don't get to post whatever the (possibly ludicrous) W-J upgrade offer was, dammit. The price difference between W and J was about Ł300 for the return trip and I took that when I booked the flights, thinking I was unlikely to get anything as good as that as an upgrade offer...
Hard to follow.
You purchased a J ticket according to the text.
What exceptional offer did you receive? from J to P, I assume.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Hard to follow.
You purchased a J ticket according to the text.
What exceptional offer did you receive? from J to P, I assume.
Sorry. The missed offer was for the outward trip (W to J).
I am already in J for the return, for a price differential that seems quite decent compared to some of the upgrade offers on this thread.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
continue to try regularly in MMB, the offer might come back. If not, ask at check-in at the airport.
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I am already in J for the return, for a price differential that seems quite decent compared to some of the upgrade offers on this thread.
Latest experience in this thread with upgrades is that the prices are oftenly exorbant regardless of the price differential of the ticket at booking. I've been in similar situation, having W fare, and managed to catch that Z fare opened up and upgraded it as a flight change for a decent price (incl. the change fee).
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:22 pm

continue to try regularly in MMB, the offer might come back. If not, ask at check-in at the airport.
Thanks - I have tried that. I suspect that I am a 'FlyBe' codeshare victim; online check-in rarely works, and perhaps also upgrade opportunities cannot be realised, even if they are on a later AF leg. I will enquire again in the lounge at CDG if there is time, if only to get an amusing figure to post here.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
For tomorrow:

AMS-CDG 119EUR (13/18 available)
CDG-PRG 89EUR (7/8 available)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.