Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Another data point. Tomorrow I have a flight from CDG-SIN (beginning in AMS). Have a ticket in PE, an S sub class. Checked in today and was offered an upgrade for 419 Euros/60k miles to J. I am still thinking about it since my ticket is already rather expensive.
A sort of just over on what I was willing to pay or use miles (in the old system, this would have cost me just 40k miles).

Cheers!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:00 am

This is the same price range I got for exactly the same flight over 2 years ago, it was about that for both CDG-SIN and SIN-CDG, with one being in A and the other in S.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Another data point. Tomorrow I have a flight from CDG-SIN (beginning in AMS). Have a ticket in PE, an S sub class. Checked in today and was offered an upgrade for 419 Euros/60k miles to J. I am still thinking about it since my ticket is already rather expensive.
A sort of just over on what I was willing to pay or use miles (in the old system, this would have cost me just 40k miles).

Cheers!
I would definitely take the 419 EUR option. Although not the 60k miles.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Durring online Check-In got an offer for my flight CDG - PTY tomorrow. 929 Euro from Premium economy to business.. Of course I didn`t take it.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:41 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
TXL-CDG - offer for € 99. Took the offer.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by JOUY31
TXL-CDG - offer for € 99. Took the offer.
Please report about Joon business class
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ranskis
Please report about Joon business class
Please see here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29169656-post154.html
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
CDG-HND Z to P.... £2,686.60

That's double what I've been offered in the past and is more or less the difference between the price paid in J/Z (MAN-CDG-HND) and full La Premiere pricing.

Not an "exceptional offer" AF. Turned down.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Starwood - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I have a interesting scenario. I called AirFrance and used my flyingblue miles to upgrade from economy to business. I did it the day I got a notification from expertflyer that there is O availability for my segment from CDG-BLR on January6th 2018 (AF192). This was on Tuesday morning. The agent processed my upgrade and I got a notification from AirFrance with the upgrade and the same was reflected on my AF and DL booking identifiers. The miles were also debited from my account. Then yesterday I get an email from KLM, first validating the upgrade to O for that segment. Then 30 minutes later I get another email saying that I have been moved back to economy to a B fare. When I speak with flyingblue they tell me that when I got the upgrade there was availability but now there isn't and so they dropped me back to economy. But when I check expertflyer it still shows 8 seats available for O. Any ideas what could be going on?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by shdodhia
I have a interesting scenario. I called AirFrance and used my flyingblue miles to upgrade from economy to business. I did it the day I got a notification from expertflyer that there is O availability for my segment from CDG-BLR on January6th 2018 (AF192). This was on Tuesday morning. The agent processed my upgrade and I got a notification from AirFrance with the upgrade and the same was reflected on my AF and DL booking identifiers. The miles were also debited from my account. Then yesterday I get an email from KLM, first validating the upgrade to O for that segment. Then 30 minutes later I get another email saying that I have been moved back to economy to a B fare. When I speak with flyingblue they tell me that when I got the upgrade there was availability but now there isn't and so they dropped me back to economy. But when I check expertflyer it still shows 8 seats available for O. Any ideas what could be going on?
there's no need to post your story twice in the same forum...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rosensfole
CDG-HND Z to P.... £2,686.60

That's double what I've been offered in the past and is more or less the difference between the price paid in J/Z (MAN-CDG-HND) and full La Premiere pricing.

Not an "exceptional offer" AF. Turned down.
That's like $3600 (or €3050) ... unbelievable!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
That's like $3600 (or €3050) ... unbelievable!
Indeed. In the past I've had offers of between €1400 - €1500. I might have taken up the offer at that price. Never mind, more money to spend on the finer things in Tokyo
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
CDG-MEX from V fare to business for €480. Dunno why you guys are all complaining 😃
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:48 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Cdg-lhr €119
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tff
Cdg-lhr €119
this is a very common price on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.