Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Expensive. For me it looks like a fare adjustment to fly PE and not the spirit of a paid upgrade which should be max 300 Euros IMO for a route like CDG-BOS.
Yeah, totally agree. Instead I splurged $18 for a "Seat At The Front of The Plane", which gave me an aisle seat with an empty middle. Now that was a good investment!
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
SIN-CDG: 757 SGD for a promo award in A to O
CDG-WAW: 109 SGD
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
SIN-CDG: 757 SGD for a promo award in A to O
CDG-WAW: 109 SGD
not bad !
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Flying JFK-CDG-LOS in PE - looks like JFK-CDG is totally sold out, so no offers.

CDG-LOS from PE -> J was offered for $383.83 US, which isn't awful, but if I was going to spend $$ to upgrade it'd be on AF009 overnight and not the daytime flight to LOS.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by manacit
Flying JFK-CDG-LOS in PE - looks like JFK-CDG is totally sold out, so no offers.

CDG-LOS from PE -> J was offered for $383.83 US, which isn't awful, but if I was going to spend $$ to upgrade it'd be on AF009 overnight and not the daytime flight to LOS.
But you can also see it like that : I will be tired after an almost sleepless night in PE on a short transatlantic flight so will be happy to rest in J on my connecting flight to LOS
If I were you I would have taken it without hesitation !
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Would have taken that as well.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:44 pm

There are still many seats available for that price! I'm torn - it's not a ton of money, but paying almost $400 to go to an angle-flat seat (this is an A332) seems iffy.

You all are making me rethink this!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by manacit
There are still many seats available for that price! I'm torn - it's not a ton of money, but paying almost $400 to go to an angle-flat seat (this is an A332) seems iffy.

You all are making me rethink this!
You say it's an angle-flat seat. Yes, certainly but only very slightly angled and it's still J and personally, I never had any problem to sleep in. And after a transatlantic flight in PE ? For me it would be a no brainer. But of course, only you can make the decision.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Many
No brainer for me as well!

NEV4 J seat is not up to industry standards these day though very comfortable during a daylight flight.

And the price is really fair.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Seems like CDG-EZE upgrades were too expensive on that particular date, at least for some:

Air France crew held in custody in Argentina for not upgrading a passenger (article in French only)

<cynic/fact distortion mode on>

That'll make them think twice when upgrading a friend/family member instead of a passenger next time

<cynic/fact distortion mode off>
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by bodory
No brainer for me as well!

NEV4 J seat is not up to industry standards these day though very comfortable during a daylight flight.

And the price is really fair.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You say it's an angle-flat seat. Yes, certainly but only very slightly angled and it's still J and personally, I never had any problem to sleep in. And after a transatlantic flight in PE ? For me it would be a no brainer. But of course, only you can make the decision.

A (hopefully) happy ending for everyone: I was stubborn and didn't buy the J seat before I boarded JFK-CDG and immediately regretted it - PE is nice for what it is, but wow I am going to need a nice nap after flying that across the Atlantic.

Upon landing and attempting to buy a J seat, it looks like I've already been op-up'd to 6F. I guess everyone wins today
bodory, Goldorak, Fabo.sk and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:10 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
CDG-LHR €139 (I didn't take it)

LIS-CDG €349
CDG-MIA €1509
(double lol)

Last edited by tff; Nov 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:14 am

TXL-CDG 89€ with J3 Y2 available close to departure times

CDG-SIN no offer from Y to anything with availability showing P1 J0 W4 Y1; Y ended up completely full and W looked full as well

ICN-AMS 999€ from Y+ to J; availability showing J9 Y9 a couple of days before the flight; Y was completely full in the end and at least 8 seats in J remained free
--> would have loved to throw up to 500€ at KLM, but certainly not 999... given the significant number of empty seats the offered price seems rather odd.

AMS-TXL 129€ from Y+ to J; flight left 98-100% full in Y and had 2 seats remaining in J
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Hmm, I just upgraded my return leg TLV-CDG-SFO from Y/W to J/Z for $508 (both of the flights), which also includes sucking the $300 regular change fee (which they said they won't be waive despite it's an upgrade on the same flights). Nevertheless even the $508 is cheap given what I see here (and it's also for that 5 hour TLV-CDG flight). Yes, the actual fare difference is just $208.

Last edited by Sjondorn; Nov 23, 2017 at 2:53 am
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:26 am

TLV-CDG is roughly 4 hours, and it is "European J", so nothing too exciting, but 500$ for both is definitely a good deal, and you will get 250% mileage on the TLV-CDG leg which is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.