Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kenya Airways, better avoid.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:06 am

Seat selection opens 90 days before, if you fly in Y you will be able to select any seat from row 17, then at OLCI they open the rest of the seats as well, except for the emergency exit & bulkhead rows. If you fly in J you can select any J seat at T-90 (and it's a 1-2 configuration)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
KQ 788 vs ET 359

Hello,
i am not sure this is the right place to ask but I could not really find a good comparison on FT or the web...
I am considering doing a trip between DXB and JNB this fall and have the choice between 2 fairly recent business products : First choice is DXB-NBO-JNB on KQ 787-800 aircraft (both legs) while the second option is on Ethiopian DXB-ADD-JNB, both flights on their new Airbus 350-900. Considering the prices are very similar (KQ is only 30€ more) which product would you recommend ? How about the lounges in ADD or NBO ?
Thanks for the help !
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
As this is the most recent KQ thread, I thought best to ask here:

On the KQ flight NBO-KGL that stops in BJM - passengers don't need to disembark [and require a visa]?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Smile

Originally Posted by jms_uk
As this is the most recent KQ thread, I thought best to ask here:

On the KQ flight NBO-KGL that stops in BJM - passengers don't need to disembark [and require a visa]?
No, it's a 40 min short stopover, and all passengers bound for Kigali remain on the plane and must return to their assigned seats!
Enjoy your stay in Rwanda
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
No, it's a 40 min short stopover, and all passengers bound for Kigali remain on the plane and must return to their assigned seats!
Thanks!

I've got it also confirmed [by a very prompt email] by the Burundi embassy in London:

No visa required as long as you stay in the aircraft.

Best regards,
--
A...
Assistant to the Ambassador
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:58 pm

Wow very impressed that, at least, one of the Burundian Embassies can reply very quickly, certainly not the case everywhere, let alone in Africa!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
I have a similar question. I want to book my sister a flight from Bangkok to Capetown on Kenya Airways with a stop in Nairobi and Livingston. Somebody mentioned that that route is served by an Embraer, and the stop in Livingston is just to pick up more passenger/refuel. I feel like I have a similar situation but on a 737-800 (Kenya Airways flight 782 on February 15th). Is it correct that the 40 min stop in Livingston is just to pick up more passengers, so I wouldn't have to go through immigration or get any type of transit visa since I'll just stay on the plane. Thanks for the insight!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:53 pm

Smile Flying over the Victoria Falls

Originally Posted by petey2428
Is it correct that the 40 min stop in Livingston is just to pick up more passengers, so I wouldn't have to go through immigration or get any type of transit visa since I'll just stay on the plane. Thanks for the insight!
Absolutely!
Interesting to see KQ upgauging to a B738 on flights via LVI (and maybe VFA).
Be aware of some 738s don't have IFE at all, hence she will HAVE TO download KQ Cinema app (Music, movies, games...) at the lounge/gate/airport prior boarding then she will be able to use on cruise. So tell your sister to come with her own entertainment or inform her about the KQ app.
However, back in December 2018, we were treated nicely again, like in June 2017, with a terrific fly over consisting of 2 loops (one for each side of the plane) above the mighty Victoria Falls after T-O from LVI. Better than any serie or documentary .
It means the only benefit of the 738 over the E190 is if the flight is not full she might enjoy a more comfortable full row (if seated in Economy)!
Hope that helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.