Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Lounge at LAX TBIT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:43 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yes it's been this way since Nov 2017. I've had multiple KLM and AF biz flights since then and always directed to the Oneworld LAX Business Lounge, which is a billion times better than KAL. I think I tried to do the KAL with the recent AF J flight and they directed me to the correct place too. (I had a 7 hour layover and was going to try to hit all the PP lounges but stopped when the AS lounge was closed on Xmas day and KAL denied the AF J BP).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I can confirm that J pax at LAX for KLM go to Qantas lounge (understood only for J pax, ST Elite+ in Y goes to KAL lounge). Pleasant surprise
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Yes it's been this way since Nov 2017. I've had multiple KLM and AF biz flights since then and always directed to the Oneworld LAX Business Lounge, which is a billion times better than KAL. I think I tried to do the KAL with the recent AF J flight and they directed me to the correct place too. (I had a 7 hour layover and was going to try to hit all the PP lounges but stopped when the AS lounge was closed on Xmas day and KAL denied the AF J BP).
So you confirm that Elite+ W/Y pax still use KE lounge ?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I was flying J, but the KAL lounge dragon said that since I’m flying J I go to Qantas lounge. Wasn’t specially questioning him for ST Elite+ Y/W pax lounge.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
That’s great news! I agree the OW J lounge is MUCH better than the KAL J or F lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Does anyone know whether access to the Qantas Lounge is still available when flying WBC on KLM from LAX to AMS? I tried to follow up/confirm with KLM through their Twitter, explaining I was flying in J, and they sent me the following response:

"Please note that Qantas Airways is not a SkyTeam member. For Los Angeles, you could access the Delta Sky Club or the KAL Lounge."

I have a long(er) connection and can use the Delta SC to avoid the KE Lounge but am looking at all options.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:52 am

Yeah it's still using the Oneworld lounge for AF/KLM Biz pax

My past use was as AF J in Dec 2018, but know it's still ongoing.

T2 Delta is my back up lounge if I don't have a J ticket (or was recently on CI J but didn't want to do KAL)
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The best solution is to just go to the LAX In N Out, get a burger, then arrive with about enough time to clear security and do whatever you have to do at the airport. Same with SFO; the sorry state of lounges is really not worth the hassle. And while the Skyclub is nice, arriving early so you can spend 30 minutes in a bus to get mediocre well booze with a view is easily time better spent elsewhere in LA.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:10 am

If In and Out were not so conservative in it's politics I'd fully support that! Great view though I prefer the second floor open parking lot of the Ralphs grocery story just a block away, better unobstructive view from there!

The One World lounge has much better food and a full service bar. Much better but yet some cool more private spaces. I enjoy going to the OW lounge. KAL, I avoid since it's worn, poor selection of beverage and food (though it's better than before now with some hot options aside from the usual Costco quality packaged foods).
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Thanks for all the great information. Just what I was looking for. I will heed to your advice.

Best!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue & IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz & Avis President's etc.
How did it go? I'm flying from LAX next week and were wondering if I should go to the Qantas lounge?
Thnaks for your advice
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Pasdawan
How did it go? I'm flying from LAX next week and were wondering if I should go to the Qantas lounge?
Thnaks for your advice
simple answer : ask AF staff at check-in and you'll know.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I'm on DL8549/AF69 (AF metal) LAX-CDG tonight in J. Very helpful AF agent directed me the One World lounge. Was skeptical that my DL boarding pass would work at a OneWorld lounge, but she scanned it and sure enough the screen turned green and she said "Welcome". Sitting here now. This lounge is 100 million times better than the KE lounge!!
Gajan and Goldorak like this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:33 am

Thanksgiving 2017 AF and KLM started using the OW LAX lounge for their J pax. I suspect too many people complained about the KAL lounge and the DL lounges are too far away. I so glad they continue to do so and look forward to that lounge for my April AF and May KLM J flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.