Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Lounge at LAX TBIT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Business Lounge at LAX TBIT

I have an upcoming flight from LAX to Tahiti.

What are the options for a Business Class Lounge at TBIT?

I beleive there is a Korean Lounge, is is any good? Are there other better options for Sky Team?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have an upcoming flight from LAX to Tahiti.

What are the options for a Business Class Lounge at TBIT?

I beleive there is a Korean Lounge, is is any good? Are there other better options for Sky Team?
There is only the Korean lounge, which is ok. Food is sandwiches, veggies and pot noodles IIRC. Selection of drinks was better though.
I would not go out of my way to get there really early if I were you, but to spend an hour there is ok.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
See here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...er-thread.html
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I cant believe that there is only one Skyteam lounge at LAX TBIT, surely Air France or KLM could do with a presence here.

This is also a Priority Pass lounge (i have PP card) therefore I am assuming it will be busy.

I see also there is no Centurion lounge either at LAX, I have 4 hours to kill before my onward connection

Originally Posted by Gajan
There is only the Korean lounge, which is ok. Food is sandwiches, veggies and pot noodles IIRC. Selection of drinks was better though.
I would not go out of my way to get there really early if I were you, but to spend an hour there is ok.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I cant believe that there is only one Skyteam lounge at LAX TBIT, surely Air France or KLM could do with a presence here.

This is also a Priority Pass lounge (i have PP card) therefore I am assuming it will be busy.

I see also there is no Centurion lounge either at LAX, I have 4 hours to kill before my onward connection
Given that you can access any terminal at LAX with a same day BP you could go to the Delta SkyClubs in Terminal 2 & 3, i believe that Delta has set up a airside bus shuttle that can take you onwards to TBIT for when it's time to board.

There is also the Alaska lounge in T6 which is accessible with a PP card and from which you can walk to TBIT airside with the T5-T6 tunnel and TBIT connector.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

IM flying in with Delta before connecting with AF.

If I stay in the Delta lounge how long to get to the TBIT using the airside bus shuttle from T2/T3?

Originally Posted by joyu12
Given that you can access any terminal at LAX with a same day BP you could go to the Delta SkyClubs in Terminal 2 & 3, i believe that Delta has set up a airside bus shuttle that can take you onwards to TBIT for when it's time to board.

There is also the Alaska lounge in T6 which is accessible with a PP card and from which you can walk to TBIT airside with the T5-T6 tunnel and TBIT connector.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I cant believe that there is only one Skyteam lounge at LAX TBIT
There are very few lounges at TBIT: the KE business and first lounges which are the only one for ST, the OW business and QF F which are the only ones for OW, and the Star Alliance business and first lounges which are the only ones for *A. In effect, that's three alliances, each of them with one business and one first class lounges.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: FB Plat
I just had a flight yesterday leaving around 17:00, and the KAL lounge was not overcrowded. Apart from the pax who took KFC food inside, nothing negative to complain about.

​​​​​​Looking at the departures, there weren't many Skyteam flights to leave from TBIT on the evening anyway.

​​​​
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
IM flying in with Delta before connecting with AF.

If I stay in the Delta lounge how long to get to the TBIT using the airside bus shuttle from T2/T3?
I haven't done a connection in LAX since the move and i can't personally attest to the time you need to budget, but having searched around a bit it's very quick when you are on the bus but there can be a wait. Take a good 20 minutes to be on the secure side. Delta forum also suggest going to T2 SkyClub over T3.

Here is a map pulled from the Delta forum btw: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...route-map2.jpg
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

I am flying into T2 with Delta then have a flight from TBIT to Tahiti with a 4 hr stopover In LA.

Originally this was a 3 hr stopover but a schedule change on both ends has meant that I have a much longer stop.

I have the option to change to a 2hr connection, as I am traveling with an infant makes sense to keep the longer connection.

Can I change terminals airside or do I need to exit and go through security again?

Is there any option to book a room at lax for Few hours? I have Korean air access but does any lounge have rooms that you can pay to book?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You can change airside, there is a bus that will take you from T2 to TBIT without having to re-clear security.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:20 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
T2 is best of the Delta lounges, bus to TBIT is about 15 minutes. From TBIT you can walk to T6 for people with Priority Pass to the Alaska Lounge, which is fine. Better drink selection (bar service, great Bloody Mary's), though food isn't that great (breakfast has the pancake machine).

I'm debating what to do next week with my KLM biz ticket. The KAL lounge has nice space but hate the poor food and awful booze selection.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:23 am
Original Poster

My flight is in two weeks... wish they had an AF lounge at TBIT, spent some time at the AF Lounge at CDG last week and I was quite impressed with the selection of food and drinks.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:00 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So any updates as to which is the official AF lounge at LAX? KLM switched to the Oneworld Biz Lounge in Nov 2017 for J pax. Also read a rumor that AF was going to open a lounge at LAX as well in 2020, but no true facts about that.

PF Chang's is a new TBIT PP restaurant, which has good food and beverage selection but they are just overrun so expect long lines to get the PP reciept and to get food. The staff seem to try thier best to get things going and have good attitude in general but....it's not quick...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I can confirm that J pax at LAX for KLM go to Qantas lounge (understood only for J pax, ST Elite+ in Y goes to KAL lounge). Pleasant surprise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.