Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not possible to book an award in La Premiere on 777?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
Not possible to book an award in La Premiere on 777?

I was just playing around to see what award options there are in La Premiere from CDG to LAX. I know they fly both the A380 and 777 on this route. Were one to drop 200k miles, I'd really want the 777. However the only option given is the A380.

Does AF not allow award flights on the 777 in that amazingly beautiful new cabin?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
I was just playing around to see what award options there are in La Premiere from CDG to LAX. I know they fly both the A380 and 777 on this route. Were one to drop 200k miles, I'd really want the 777. However the only option given is the A380.

Does AF not allow award flights on the 777 in that amazingly beautiful new cabin?
They surely do! I travelled in F on a 777 last year with an award ticket. Are you looking for 1 or 2 tickets? I had to search for 1 ticket and then call FB to see if there was another ticket available. Also you need to book it quite far in advance, since there only 4 seats.

[edit]
It seems 4-cabin 777 only flies on certain days and during summer they might only fly a 3-cabin 777. But there are others to can give you that information much quicker and more accurate then I

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Aug 16, 2017 at 4:01 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Interesting. Thanks for that. I checked against if I were to spend € and the flight was available that day. I was looking for the 23rd of Dec for no specific reason. Like I said, just playing around. I was thinking if the misses and I were to ever move back to the US I'd like to leave A'dam in style! Sadly we've blown through our balances as of late so getting up to 400k would be a struggle.

Good to know that's it's possible though.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I believe redeeming award tickets at Christmas time in P is very difficult.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:22 pm

I have read (not personal experience) that you also have to be an elite member in Flying Blue to be able to get an award in La Premiere?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Travlur
I have read (not personal experience) that you also have to be an elite member in Flying Blue to be able to get an award in La Premiere?
This is indeed true (but OP is gold, so OK).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:38 pm

Also, you need to have "F" availability... on most of flights, they are at max 3 "F" and the last one is in "P" (much more expensive).
And if only "P" is available, then the redemption is impossible!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
And I believe it is still required that one holds Flying Blue status - Silver or higher!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Yeah, searching around Christmas wasn't the smartest choice! I looked far into the future and indeed the 777 was there. It's a pipe dream anyways, I was just curious. Unless a bucket load of miles lands in my account anytime soon it'll just be something to fantasize over. It must be one hell of an experience...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Yeah, searching around Christmas wasn't the smartest choice! I looked far into the future and indeed the 777 was there. It's a pipe dream anyways, I was just curious. Unless a bucket load of miles lands in my account anytime soon it'll just be something to fantasize over. It must be one hell of an experience...
It is!! Definitely worth trying to save up the miles you need
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:36 am
Original Poster

I could do it now but only for one person. As I'd like to stay married I think it's best to wait to be able to get 2, haha. That'd be a hard trigger to pull though as with 400k, one could get a good number of biz awards to/from US and Asia from AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.