Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Unpublished benefits when flying with partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unpublished benefits when flying with partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I have a few more data points to share from my recent Garuda flights.

From CGK to DPS I could upgrade to C for a very reasonable 19 euros. Business class meant a flat-bed seat with a 3-course meal, excellent service. I uograded from a B fare. You need to ask at the customer service desk in CGK.

Lounge access is available to all ELP regardless of cabin class when traveling domestic.

From DPS to SIN Garuda was asking from 420 euros for the upgrade. I declined.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by HalconBCN

I am also very interested in hearing experiences of Garuda, Saudia and Vietnam Airlines, as these are three airlines I will be flying over the next three months.
Garuda: Just came back from SYD with first leg SYD-DPS operated by GA, KL marketed. As some of you know from one of the threads I've published, I've been unable to select seats in advance(* it's apparently impossible on a GA operated, KL marketed flight).
At check-in, I've been assigned 21K on A330-300, which is a bulkhead and extra-legroom seat, and it's normally paid. I actually discovered it's a *published* benefit of all ST Elite Plus members:

https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/id/...selection.page

I enjoyed flying with GA for the first time. Entertainment system was a little old on the A330, but food was very good for Y standards and the crew did a great service during all flight.

Alitalia: I've been upgraded on dod to short-haul C a couple of times in the past, both on AZ marketed and AZ ticket (LIN-LCY), and on KL marketed/KL ticket/AZ operated (LIN-AMS, when the partnership was still ongoing though).

Delta: Listed for upgrade in EC / F on many internal routes (I guess it's a published benefit though). Been successful only once from Y to F (I guess it was ATL-BOS in 2014).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
On DL, FB members are considered after all SkyMiles members when it comes to upgrade.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Meanwhile Skymiles and FB members (and Ultimate!) are considered at the same level for upgrade on AF KL: none
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat
Does anyone know if there are any benefits on WestJet now that they are "part of" SkyTeam?

Would we get a free piece of luggage?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by caliform
FWIW, you got lucky with Delta. FB FFP members come after their own SkyMiles Silver tier, so even as an Ultimate or Platinum you get the last upgrades after their most infrequent frequent fliers.
And they call it SkyTeam... I do not understand that KLM / AF allow this or do the same with Delta members.

A reason to stick with KLM metal if possible!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
And they call it SkyTeam... I do not understand that KLM / AF allow this or do the same with Delta members.

The deal between AF/KL and Delta is simply ... unfair.
The advantage receive by Flying Blue PAX on Delta flight is NOT the same compare to the one AF/KL give to Skymiles PAX.
From upgrade to seat selection... you receive a better "treatment" as a SM than an FB...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
The deal between AF/KL and Delta is simply ... unfair.
The advantage receive by Flying Blue PAX on Delta flight is NOT the same compare to the one AF/KL give to Skymiles PAX.
From upgrade to seat selection... you receive a better "treatment" as a SM than an FB...
That is not correct. FB Elite members are after all Skymiles elite members for domestic/central american upgrades because Skymiles members do not get any comp upgrades on intra-european AF/KL flights either.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold

Well, which flights are KLM operated within North america? And what is the upgrade order for european flights operated by AF/KL? Where do fit Skymiles members in there?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Well, which flights are KLM operated within North america? And what is the upgrade order for european flights operated by AF/KL? Where do fit Skymiles members in there?
Talking about TATL joint venture!

On TATL KL flights Delta FFs are placed on the same level as their counterpart KL / AF FFs
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
That is not correct. FB Elite members are after all Skymiles elite members for domestic/central american upgrades because Skymiles members do not get any comp upgrades on intra-european AF/KL flights either.
And on international flight... ????

Upgrade: ... FB are after ALL Skymiles PAX (even after Silver) on Delta flights... Skymiles are NOT after all FB PAX... on AF/KLM flights

Seat selection:... Skymiles Platinum and diamond have access to ALL seat+ (AF) and Economy comfort (KLM),.. on ALL international flight. When FB have access to comfort+ seat ONLY on TATL flight...

You find this fair ???

Last edited by FBplatinum; Jan 14, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Xiamen Air

As Gold I got moved to a bulkhead seat on MNL-XMN service (B737), seat 41J with lots of extra legroom first row of economy class, currently stretching my legs all the way into business class 😋. I’m not entirely sure, but in these times one usually has to pay for such seats. Original assignment was 46J.
Adding: received an extra bottle of water and a Chinese newspaper as additional benefit before takeoff 👍.

Last edited by KL803; Jan 14, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
DL top elites always get lounge access on China even when flying domestic. Is that different with FB?
Also I don't think AM gives free upgrades on long haul to elites. Just short to mid haul or am I wrong? That would be a huge benefit and one very few airlines do, if for long haul.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Talking about TATL joint venture!

On TATL KL flights Delta FFs are placed on the same level as their counterpart KL / AF FFs
But on DL flights, I had the occasion to see all SM elite members from the C+ section of the plane getting an upgrade to D1 because of overbooking in eco while me and my little FB Platinum stayed in C+.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
DL top elites always get lounge access on China even when flying domestic. Is that different with FB?
Also I don't think AM gives free upgrades on long haul to elites. Just short to mid haul or am I wrong? That would be a huge benefit and one very few airlines do, if for long haul.
In my understanding you get AM+ seats when asking for it in the AM chat or e.g. via Facebook. I received them on BOG-MEX return being FB Gold at the time. I am not sure whether you would consider this medium or long haul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.