Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Unpublished benefits when flying with partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unpublished benefits when flying with partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the last 4 months, I got 2 upgrades from main to Comfort+ and one from main to F (all domestic). Not too bad if you consider that I'm talking about 5 flights, but still a downgrade compared to before when Comfort+ was guaranteed at the time of booking.
BTW, I didn't know that all FB elites were the same category for DL
ill admit I don't count comfort+ as upgrades as, as you say it used to be a given that's just been withdrawn to now be made uncertain!

and yes sadly, all fb elites are entered as an Undifferentiated contingent which of course,as a platinum I find infuriating.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum, IHG: Spire, SIXT: Platinum
I am wondering whether you have any benefits as FB member when flying transavia.
Any experiences?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nusse
I am wondering whether you have any benefits as FB member when flying transavia.
Any experiences?
Nothing. Even worst, on a ticket KL coded, Transavia operated an FB Plat relative got assigned a seat in the aisle of the very last row, right by the toilets. Impossible to get it changed, neither Transavia or KLM had access. The only way would have been to ask at the gate but then the whole plane is full or with just middle seats left.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by nusse
Any experiences?
You do get access to the lounges in AMS, not at outstations (even when not flying KL coded HV flights).
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum, IHG: Spire, SIXT: Platinum
Originally Posted by Gajan
You do get access to the lounges in AMS, not at outstations (even when not flying KL coded HV flights).
oh, I did not know that. Would not have even tried it. thanks for the information!
however, i do not get how they come up with this kinda exceptions
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
AeroMexico gives free seat selection (any seat in the whole Economy cabin) to any SkyTeam Elite, i.e. also to Silvers (like me). On a AMS-MEX-ACA-MEX-AMS itinerary I got about EUR 300 worth of free seat upgrades (premium economy on the long leg and front of the plane with extended legroom on the short leg). You can't select the seats online but if you call or chat with them they are very happy to help.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by longlife
AeroMexico gives free seat selection (any seat in the whole Economy cabin) to any SkyTeam Elite, i.e. also to Silvers (like me). On a AMS-MEX-ACA-MEX-AMS itinerary I got about EUR 300 worth of free seat upgrades (premium economy on the long leg and front of the plane with extended legroom on the short leg). You can't select the seats online but if you call or chat with them they are very happy to help.

Very good airline. Can you give some detail on what the AM Plus (economy comfort) seats are like? Legroom? Space?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by HalconBCN

Very good airline. Can you give some detail on what the AM Plus (economy comfort) seats are like? Legroom? Space?
Up to 4 inch of extra legroom on the 787-9. It also gives priority services such as check-in, boarding and baggage delivery if you don't have SP.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by Goldorak
A "relatively frequent" benefit with Asian members is lounge access when flying domestic.
What is your experience with MU, CZ and MF? Does the "relatively frequent" apply too?
If ye, are you getting it automatically? Do you ask for it? Which airports are you talking about?
Thank you.

U
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ulxima
What is your experience with MU, CZ and MF? Does the "relatively frequent" apply too?
If ye, are you getting it automatically? Do you ask for it? Which airports are you talking about?
Thank you.
No experience for this on those airlines. It was GA and VN (see post #8 ).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: QF gold, AF/KL platinum, exMA gold :( exSK gold
BUD-FCO AZ flights gave me fast track in BUD in May and July, FB silver.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I have an unpublished disadvantage when flying KLM under code from a FlyingBlue airline other than KL: you can't get access to the Economy Comfort seats before check-in!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by ulxima
Thank you.
U
for chinese airlines in mainland china, lounge access usually depends on a lounge pass they give you during check-in at the airport. they wont give you the lounge pass if on a domestic flight.

but once, i was so damn tired that i decided to try my luck and showed my AF plat card, and they allowed me to go in, no questions asked. was at PEK.

Originally Posted by Mirk
I have an unpublished disadvantage when flying KLM under code from a FlyingBlue airline other than KL: you can't get access to the Economy Comfort seats before check-in!
i have an AF FB number, and i was able to select EC during my flight on KL sometime last year. try seat selection using the AF website. for some odd reason, the AF and KL web portals show different seat availability. i am an AF plat, and on an AF flight earlier this year, KL site showed bulkhead economy seats available for selection, but not on the AF site.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by natcin
for chinese airlines in mainland china, lounge access usually depends on a lounge pass they give you during check-in at the airport. they wont give you the lounge pass if on a domestic flight.

but once, i was so damn tired that i decided to try my luck and showed my AF plat card, and they allowed me to go in, no questions asked. was at PEK.
Yeah, I had similar experiences in the past with MU and CZ throughout China airports on domestic flights.
However I have to say that it has become more and more difficult to gain access to lounges unless I have an international connection on the same day (and in CTU MU does not allow access to lounge on international flights unless you fly C).

U
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Some more experience with AeroMexico & complimentary upgrades: had 6 flights with them (AMS-MEX-ACA, MEX-CUN-MEX, ACA-MEX-AMS).

Asked about complimentary upgrades to business at AMS, gate agent said I am eligible but there are no seats available. Asked again at MEX going to CUN, lady said I was eligible but she couldn't add me to the upgrade standby list as the system only allows AeroMexico and Delta FFs. Asked once again at CUN going to MEX and then MEX going to AMS, both times was told the upgrades were only available for AeroMexico members.

On all 6 flights I got free AM+ seats and whenever I asked at the gate and there was a free seat, they sat my zero-status friend next to me for free too.

Overall they seem like a nice airline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.