Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have already used my Flugladen discount voucher for a flight to Russia the summer. I quite like the site, with the layout and variety of flights on offer, but you have to watch out because the cheaper prices have very long layovers.

I finally found my reservation on the KLM website and imported it into my bookings. The Saudia website yielded nothing, neither with the ticket number nor the PNR. I’m just glad I have what appears to be a reservation and a ticket.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
I have already used my Flugladen discount voucher for a flight to Russia the summer. I quite like the site, with the layout and variety of flights on offer, but you have to watch out because the cheaper prices have very long layovers.

I finally found my reservation on the KLM website and imported it into my bookings. The Saudia website yielded nothing, neither with the ticket number nor the PNR. I’m just glad I have what appears to be a reservation and a ticket.
and the klm website should tell you exactly how many miles and XP you will earn
Old May 10, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well it offered two versions, one at 7,000 miles and the other at 13,000.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
hey I am AMS-based and looking to book two trips from AMS to Manila and to Hong Kong. I am trying to get to Gold status and I wonder if you guys can help me figure out the best route to get as much XP as I can for these two trips. I don't think I can get it in two trips but can plan to add more trips if necessary. I have about 120 points atm.

Thanks!
Depends on whether KLM counts KL808 AMS-TPE-MNL as a single flight or two flights for XP purposes.

Other than that the advice is pretty much the same, any non-direct flight on SkyTeam (earning class for FB of course) will get you 15+ XP per direction, so two trips should give you gold.

Another way could be to get a cheap 4 segment business class flight within Europe (but not with a domestic leg), you could get that in in a weekend for under 400.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Depends on whether KLM counts KL808 AMS-TPE-MNL as a single flight or two flights for XP purposes.
Should be one single flight, normally.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Should be one single flight, normally.
In that case, don't take KL808 to Manila.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In the past Flugladen used to have codes for 10 euro discount - which can save a bit of money on intra-european short hops. So I've used them a lot, without problems. Even had a schedule change one time and they called with alternative options.

Having said that...I never faced the issue that you are describing. Their e-ticket email (Not the booking confirmation) should contain the e-ticket number, Flugladen internal PNR and airline PNR for each specific leg in the journey. Have you tried all of those? Perhaps the airline that issued the ticket uses another reservation system - are you able to retrieve the booking through the website of that airline? And also, try to retrieve the booking using the e-ticket number on the Saudi website rather than the PNR, that seems to help sometimes.

Some other sites to try:
Amadeus
Sabre
Travelport
I need to present my employers with an invoice for the flights, not just an airline ticket. Have you any idea where I can find that on Flugladen? It will be in German of course, can’t be helped. They certainly won’t send me one in English. Or can I just go to the China Eastern main ticket desk while in transit in Shanghai and ask them to print me a receipt?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Hmm, I received a (German) invoice just a short while after the booking confirmation (but before the eticket email). Not sure if I selected a specific option during booking though..it has been a while since I booked with them last.

Sehr geehrter Kunde,

In der Anlage erhalten Sie die Rechnung, für die bei uns gebuchte Reise(n). Wir bitten Sie diese umgehend zu überprüfen und uns eventuelle Fehler oder Korrekturen, noch am selben Tag, telefonisch mitzuteilen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass Korrekturen zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt unvorhergesehene Kosten verursachen können, die wir leider in Rechnung stellen müssen.

If you didn't get that email, and its not an option somewhere on their website after you load your reservation I'm afraid you will have to give them a call..
Old May 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Does anybody has a good same day return from Ams on the 9th of May?
Old May 11, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Nvgfocus
Does anybody has a good same day return from Ams on the 9th of May?
9 May 2019? Or maybe 9 June 2018?
Old May 11, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita
9 May 2019? Or maybe 9 June 2018?
oops, 19 May 2018
Old May 11, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
hey I am AMS-based and looking to book two trips from AMS to Manila and to Hong Kong. I am trying to get to Gold status and I wonder if you guys can help me figure out the best route to get as much XP as I can for these two trips. I don't think I can get it in two trips but can plan to add more trips if necessary. I have about 120 points atm.
If you have time and you're happy to reposition, you could look into KL's discounted business fares from varying european cities to China. It's easy to then get to MNL and/or HKG from XMN, CTU, etc. XiamenAir or China Southern in business can sometimes be another affordable option from AMS. Saudia often have discounted business class tickets from europe to MNL, which would give you Long 1 + Long 3 = 60 XP in each direction. You will also get a good haul of award miles as long as you avoid KL. Any of these would take you past gold and give you a good start on retaining it or going for platinum, and they represent a comfortable and affordable alternative to an economy flight on KL808.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I need to present my employers with an invoice for the flights, not just an airline ticket. Have you any idea where I can find that on Flugladen? It will be in German of course, can’t be helped. They certainly won’t send me one in English. Or can I just go to the China Eastern main ticket desk while in transit in Shanghai and ask them to print me a receipt?
MU won’t print you any receipt/invoice as they are not the entity who actually invoiced you. You can obtain that only from the Flugladen.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andrew_G
If you have time and you're happy to reposition, you could look into KL's discounted business fares from varying european cities to China. It's easy to then get to MNL and/or HKG from XMN, CTU, etc. XiamenAir or China Southern in business can sometimes be another affordable option from AMS. Saudia often have discounted business class tickets from europe to MNL, which would give you Long 1 + Long 3 = 60 XP in each direction. You will also get a good haul of award miles as long as you avoid KL. Any of these would take you past gold and give you a good start on retaining it or going for platinum, and they represent a comfortable and affordable alternative to an economy flight on KL808.
I will be looking at this in order to keep Plat or Gold next year. Looks like good and interesting options.

Originally Posted by Goldorak

MU won’t print you any receipt/invoice as they are not the entity who actually invoiced you. You can obtain that only from the Flugladen.
​​​​​​​
I always managed to get one from Lufthansa for Expedia bookings, usually from the checkin machines when you input the booking code. But I agree, it makes sense that the seller, Flugladen, provides it. I also believe that buying flights from Flugladen provides no protection in the event of bankruptcy and such things, even if paying with a credit card.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hi thanks for the advice. Would you the suggest booking two separate flights? One AMS-CHN-AMS and then China-MNL via Xiamen or China Southern?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.