Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL availability on Flying Blue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

DL availability on Flying Blue

Quick question: is there a chance that flying blue search engine won't display all possible awards available?

Have found what I am pretty sure is low level award availability on DL site for DL biz class flight 87,500 for one way biz from USA to Europe. Then when I search same reqs on flying blue, nothing pops up. And then the first biz class showing on flying blue is for a date that when I search on DL has that same flight for more than 100K DL points.

I guess my question is, is it possible that flying blue just doesn't display all award spots available on DL and I should try and call Flying blue, or is there just a ton of subjectivity to the availability and I should give up unless it shows on FB web search?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by newguy2321
is it possible that flying blue just doesn't display all award spots available on DL and I should try and call Flying blue
Yes.

For anyone other than AF or KL, you are advised to call.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

This is great news! A little more work but means I'm not necessarily out of luck! Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Im seeing no availability BOS-HNL via the FB site but loads on DL. Obviously its a lot cheaper mile wise on FB so I was hoping to book with my FB miles. If I phone listing specific DL flights will they have access to all this inventory, or is lot of it not available to FB. Sadly my dates are quite constrictive.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Im seeing no availability BOS-HNL via the FB site but loads on DL. Obviously its a lot cheaper mile wise on FB so I was hoping to book with my FB miles. If I phone listing specific DL flights will they have access to all this inventory, or is lot of it not available to FB. Sadly my dates are quite constrictive.
Call.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I searched quite a few DL tickets and found out that in the engine its mostly for travel on monday, tuesday, wednesday. DL tickets are only available for the lowest amount of FB needed per sector. DL specifically designates seats avaiable for FB miles, so that might be a reason why on DL higher amount of miles is needed. That might be that DL customers already bought several award tix for this flight.

Further more I was unable to get any new availibility via the phone on at least 6 tries. So I have no reason to believe DL availiblity is not accurate in the search engine.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Availability at what level? DL low awards in coach from east coast to Hawaii are 25K each way. If it is at any other level on DL, it's almost certainly not going to be available via FB miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.