Air Baltic and Flying Blue qualifying segments

Old Jun 20, 17, 4:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AMS
Posts: 394
Air Baltic and Flying Blue qualifying segments

Dear All,

I'd like to book a return flight from Amsterdam to Vilnius, ideally via a skyteam airline.

Via the klm website I can find a direct flight operated by Air Baltic.

Does someone know if I will get Flying Blue qualifying level miles and segments for this flight?

Thank you for your help
Escape is offline  
Old Jun 20, 17, 4:35 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,422
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Dear All,

I'd like to book a return flight from Amsterdam to Vilnius, ideally via a skyteam airline.

Via the klm website I can find a direct flight operated by Air Baltic.

Does someone know if I will get Flying Blue qualifying level miles and segments for this flight?

Thank you for your help
yes, if you book it under KL flight number.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:18 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ORD-SXM-VNO
Programs: UA 1K, CM Pres Plat., HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Gold
Posts: 125
But it's still not possible to book it as a Flying Blue award, correct?
swaigiux is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:28 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,422
Originally Posted by swaigiux View Post
But it's still not possible to book it as a Flying Blue award, correct?
Apparently not (this airline is not listed on FB webpages)
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 26, 17, 8:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: FlyingBlue, Finnair Plus
Posts: 1
You can get level miles and qualifying flights with Air Baltic, but as long as its booked under KL. Just flew from AMS - VNO, more info here:

https://www.klm.com/travel/cl_en/pla...s/index.htm#p7
Kalle Kulmala is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 5:13 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AMS
Posts: 394
Dear all, thank you for your help!

I have another question I'm hoping one of you could help me with. I tried reserving a seat in advance, unfortunately this is not possible via the KLM website/app or KLM reservations helpdesk, I've been told by KLM that I would need to contact Air Baltic directly.

Does someone have any experience with this?
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?
Escape is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 6:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: Flying Blue
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Dear all, thank you for your help!

I have another question I'm hoping one of you could help me with. I tried reserving a seat in advance, unfortunately this is not possible via the KLM website/app or KLM reservations helpdesk, I've been told by KLM that I would need to contact Air Baltic directly.

Does someone have any experience with this?
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?
Hi Escape,

I've taken this route many times, if you book directly with KLM, you might get the seatmap upon check-in, but most of the times no.
Alternatively, you can contact Airbaltic (Via Facebook for example) and ask them to give you the booking number they have in their system for you, as this one is different than the one you get from KLM.
Then you can go to booking management on the airbaltic website and arrange your seats. There are no 'comfort' class seats on Airbaltic, it's either Economy or Business, they do offer the most forward seats for selection, I think these are around 10 euros and 5 euros for the others. If you have selected a flex ticket, the seat selection will be for free.

I hope it helps!
Levithian is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 3:19 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,422
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?
I doubt it. Flying on a non-Skyteam code-share, you can forget about most of your Elite+ benefits.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 1, 17, 10:23 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AMS
Posts: 394
Originally Posted by Levithian View Post
Hi Escape,

I've taken this route many times, if you book directly with KLM, you might get the seatmap upon check-in, but most of the times no.
Alternatively, you can contact Airbaltic (Via Facebook for example) and ask them to give you the booking number they have in their system for you, as this one is different than the one you get from KLM.
Then you can go to booking management on the airbaltic website and arrange your seats. There are no 'comfort' class seats on Airbaltic, it's either Economy or Business, they do offer the most forward seats for selection, I think these are around 10 euros and 5 euros for the others. If you have selected a flex ticket, the seat selection will be for free.

I hope it helps!
Thank you for your help, they gave me their own reservation number, unfortunately I still can't select any seats. I've been told by Air Baltic that I would have to call their reservations number.
Escape is offline  
Old Aug 24, 17, 5:47 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AMS
Posts: 394
Just got my boarding pass and despite that my reservation has a KL flight number the boarding pass has an Air Baltic flight number. I assume that this would make it difficult for me to use priority security and lounge access. Will try to arrange a new boarding pass at the airport with a KL flight number. Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?
Escape is offline  
Old Aug 25, 17, 1:14 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,600
The BP printed at AMS will have a "sold as KL XXXX" on it.
Attached Images  
Ditto is online now  
Old Aug 25, 17, 2:33 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 24,319
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?
You will just have to accept the boarding pass that is generated.

The agents will not have the scope to "redesign" the boarding pass to your wishes.

In general, a flight that was codeshared will show some indication of this on the boarding pass - but you are wasting your time trying to get a "new look" boarding pass.

You will have to accept that you are not travelling on a mainline KL flight and just live with any limitations that imposes.

If you are entitled to lounge access, bring your Flying Blue status and a print out of your KL flight itinerary. (You should always have these with you, anyway).
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 17, 4:22 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Posts: 2,350
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Just got my boarding pass and despite that my reservation has a KL flight number the boarding pass has an Air Baltic flight number. I assume that this would make it difficult for me to use priority security and lounge access. Will try to arrange a new boarding pass at the airport with a KL flight number. Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?
Are you sure your BP does not show both flight numbers as Ditto showed you?

If not, you can try other ways of printing the BP.

The result may differ from one source to the other or if you are redirected to the operating airline or not (KL website, AF website, operating airline website, print at the airport).
carnarvon is offline  
Old Aug 25, 17, 4:30 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 3,600
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
Are you sure your BP does not show both flight numbers as Ditto showed you?

If not, you can try other ways of printing the BP.

The result may differ from one source to the other or if you are redirected to the operating airline or not (KL website, AF website, operating airline website, print at the airport).
The ones you get after OLCI don't have the KL flight number
Ditto is online now  
Old Aug 25, 17, 8:49 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Posts: 2,350
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
The ones you get after OLCI don't have the KL flight number
Bad luck then.

It shows low we must keep our expectations when flying a code share flight on a non Skyteam metal.

Sometimes, there are good surprises such as with AY (emergency exit seat at no cost, priority boarding, lounge access in HEL, BP showing AF flight number ...).
carnarvon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: