FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Air Baltic and Flying Blue qualifying segments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1849243-air-baltic-flying-blue-qualifying-segments.html)

Escape Jun 20, 17 4:09 pm

Air Baltic and Flying Blue qualifying segments
 
Dear All,

I'd like to book a return flight from Amsterdam to Vilnius, ideally via a skyteam airline.

Via the klm website I can find a direct flight operated by Air Baltic.

Does someone know if I will get Flying Blue qualifying level miles and segments for this flight?

Thank you for your help

Goldorak Jun 20, 17 4:35 pm


Originally Posted by Escape (Post 28467002)
Dear All,

I'd like to book a return flight from Amsterdam to Vilnius, ideally via a skyteam airline.

Via the klm website I can find a direct flight operated by Air Baltic.

Does someone know if I will get Flying Blue qualifying level miles and segments for this flight?

Thank you for your help

yes, if you book it under KL flight number.

swaigiux Jun 21, 17 5:18 pm

But it's still not possible to book it as a Flying Blue award, correct?

Goldorak Jun 21, 17 5:28 pm


Originally Posted by swaigiux (Post 28471519)
But it's still not possible to book it as a Flying Blue award, correct?

Apparently not (this airline is not listed on FB webpages)

Kalle Kulmala Jun 26, 17 8:57 am

You can get level miles and qualifying flights with Air Baltic, but as long as its booked under KL. Just flew from AMS - VNO, more info here:

https://www.klm.com/travel/cl_en/pla...s/index.htm#p7

Escape Jun 29, 17 5:13 pm

Dear all, thank you for your help!

I have another question I'm hoping one of you could help me with. I tried reserving a seat in advance, unfortunately this is not possible via the KLM website/app or KLM reservations helpdesk, I've been told by KLM that I would need to contact Air Baltic directly.

Does someone have any experience with this?
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?

Levithian Jun 29, 17 6:36 pm


Originally Posted by Escape (Post 28501888)
Dear all, thank you for your help!

I have another question I'm hoping one of you could help me with. I tried reserving a seat in advance, unfortunately this is not possible via the KLM website/app or KLM reservations helpdesk, I've been told by KLM that I would need to contact Air Baltic directly.

Does someone have any experience with this?
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?

Hi Escape,

I've taken this route many times, if you book directly with KLM, you might get the seatmap upon check-in, but most of the times no.
Alternatively, you can contact Airbaltic (Via Facebook for example) and ask them to give you the booking number they have in their system for you, as this one is different than the one you get from KLM.
Then you can go to booking management on the airbaltic website and arrange your seats. There are no 'comfort' class seats on Airbaltic, it's either Economy or Business, they do offer the most forward seats for selection, I think these are around 10 euros and 5 euros for the others. If you have selected a flex ticket, the seat selection will be for free.

I hope it helps!

Goldorak Jun 30, 17 3:19 pm


Originally Posted by Escape (Post 28501888)
Would I be able to reserve 'comfort' or exit-row-seats for free with my elite plus status?

I doubt it. Flying on a non-Skyteam code-share, you can forget about most of your Elite+ benefits. :(

Escape Jul 1, 17 10:23 pm


Originally Posted by Levithian (Post 28502174)
Hi Escape,

I've taken this route many times, if you book directly with KLM, you might get the seatmap upon check-in, but most of the times no.
Alternatively, you can contact Airbaltic (Via Facebook for example) and ask them to give you the booking number they have in their system for you, as this one is different than the one you get from KLM.
Then you can go to booking management on the airbaltic website and arrange your seats. There are no 'comfort' class seats on Airbaltic, it's either Economy or Business, they do offer the most forward seats for selection, I think these are around 10 euros and 5 euros for the others. If you have selected a flex ticket, the seat selection will be for free.

I hope it helps!

Thank you for your help, they gave me their own reservation number, unfortunately I still can't select any seats. I've been told by Air Baltic that I would have to call their reservations number.

Escape Aug 24, 17 5:47 pm

Just got my boarding pass and despite that my reservation has a KL flight number the boarding pass has an Air Baltic flight number. I assume that this would make it difficult for me to use priority security and lounge access. Will try to arrange a new boarding pass at the airport with a KL flight number. Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?

Ditto Aug 25, 17 1:14 am

1 Attachment(s)
The BP printed at AMS will have a "sold as KL XXXX" on it.

irishguy28 Aug 25, 17 2:33 am


Originally Posted by Escape (Post 28732272)
Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?

You will just have to accept the boarding pass that is generated.

The agents will not have the scope to "redesign" the boarding pass to your wishes.

In general, a flight that was codeshared will show some indication of this on the boarding pass - but you are wasting your time trying to get a "new look" boarding pass.

You will have to accept that you are not travelling on a mainline KL flight and just live with any limitations that imposes.

If you are entitled to lounge access, bring your Flying Blue status and a print out of your KL flight itinerary. (You should always have these with you, anyway).

carnarvon Aug 25, 17 4:22 am


Originally Posted by Escape (Post 28732272)
Just got my boarding pass and despite that my reservation has a KL flight number the boarding pass has an Air Baltic flight number. I assume that this would make it difficult for me to use priority security and lounge access. Will try to arrange a new boarding pass at the airport with a KL flight number. Does anyone have experience with requesting a new bp issued with kl a flight number instead of the operating airline?

Are you sure your BP does not show both flight numbers as Ditto showed you?

If not, you can try other ways of printing the BP.

The result may differ from one source to the other or if you are redirected to the operating airline or not (KL website, AF website, operating airline website, print at the airport).

Ditto Aug 25, 17 4:30 am


Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 28733749)
Are you sure your BP does not show both flight numbers as Ditto showed you?

If not, you can try other ways of printing the BP.

The result may differ from one source to the other or if you are redirected to the operating airline or not (KL website, AF website, operating airline website, print at the airport).

The ones you get after OLCI don't have the KL flight number :)

carnarvon Aug 25, 17 8:49 am


Originally Posted by Ditto (Post 28733771)
The ones you get after OLCI don't have the KL flight number :)

Bad luck then.

It shows low we must keep our expectations when flying a code share flight on a non Skyteam metal.

Sometimes, there are good surprises such as with AY (emergency exit seat at no cost, priority boarding, lounge access in HEL, BP showing AF flight number ...).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:44 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.